Best band you've seen at a festival this summer?

None, but I went to a punk all-dayer back in August and Sssnakes were ridiculously good.

Each day at every festival I went to? Oh, ok.
Lunar:
Fri, Sunshine Frisbee Laserbeam
Sat, Television
Sun, Super Furry Animals
Mostly Jazz:
Fri, Blackalicious
Sun, Booker T
Supernormal:
Fri, Ian William Craig
Sat, Giant Swan
Sun, Melting Hand
Green Man:
Thurs, King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard
Fri, White Denim
Sat, Battles
Sun, Ezra Furman
Unorthadox Paradox:
Fri, Broken Oak Duet
Sat, ichi
Ichi can get the prize, absolutely spellbinding, gloriously entertaining and incredibly beautiful. And hilarious " This is a song about a kumquat."

1 Like

LCD Soundsystem at Glastonbury was excellent, favourite band ever + 6 years away + last night of favourite festival + big everythinginckitchensink setlist with 100% b2b tunes like I never saw them do the first time around made it one of the best festival sets I’ve ever seen.

The National at Latitude was pretty special as well, I’ve never been a big fan and had written them off as a bunch of whiny wetbags before I made an effort to listen to the recent albums this year. I went in expecting a decent 90 minutes of indie rock, ended up being proper euphoric grandiose stuff.

I haven’t been to many festivals this year, though Guantanamo School Of Medicine at Rebellion were pretty life-affirming.

Absolutely LOVED Sculpture at Fort Process (technically not a band and technically not a festival), completely mind-bending stuff. Gonna see if this embed thing works…

1 Like

no.

The national at latitude. Sorry to be boring, but they really are a big ‘proper’ rock band live

Copy and paste URL for video (if YouTube), no need to type code

Gotcha - well, here it is:

https://vimeo.com/167876880

Jagwar Ma at GreenMan. euphoric and it was 90% new tunes.

Michael Rother was pretty ace too

Sculpture were indeed ‘sick’ - those visuals!

yeah! i was there too, amazing show.

saw them at primavera a few years ago where they were cool but kind of a shambles (amps breaking etc). nice to see how tight they have got over the last couple years.

shellac at primavera (as usual). or boredoms, maybe.

letlive at roskilde were also pretty amazing showmanship-wise. not a fan of them on record so much though.

Aye, first time I’d seen them. A mate had told me a few years previous that they were rubbish so went in with very low expectations and was totally blown away.

thought pinegrove at eotr were amazing having not heard them before

expected highlights - lcd, pj harvey (primavera), broken social scene, thee oh sees (eotr)

wolf parade

I very much agree that Savages put on an amazing show. Although not a festival performance, their show this year was a top-ten highlight–and maybe even best.

Drive Like Jehu, obviously

Moonlandingz at SXSW
PJ Harvey/Girl Band at Field Day
LCD Soundsystem at Lovebox
Flamingods at End of the Road

Anna Meredith
Thundercat
Flying Lotus
Saul Williams
Sigur Rós
Koreless
Kiran Leonard
James Blake

Soulwax were great - like they’d never been away.

1 Like