Best bands from South Sudan or Southampton

It’s time.

There are no real rules or restrictions in this thread, just be nice to each other.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Sudan Archives and Brockhampton both feeling hard done by with all the Southism.

3 Likes

The only artist I know of who is from Southampton is Howard Jones and he is rubbish. Not sure if that constitutes a ‘discussion’.

2 Likes

In the deserts of South Sudan
And the gardens of Southamptan
From Tottan to Farehan
Every woman, every man…

6 Likes
2 Likes

I think we are learning from this that Southampton is not one of Britain’s great musical cities.

1 Like

Portsmouth also seems disappointing for great bands

The south coast in general, with the possible exception of Brighton (which is basically Shoreditch on Sea so doesn’t really count). When was the last time you heard of a great band from Bournemouth or Eastbourne?

Before anyone says that it is because they are small, can I just point out that the Unitary Authority of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole has the 12th biggest population in Britain - bigger than, for instance, Leicester, Coventry, Newcastle or Nottingham.

Creeper

The thread was pinned at the top of the board!

1 Like

Can people itt please state whether the band they are mentioning are from Southampton or South Sudan cheers

5 Likes

Band of Skulls are from Southampton. Probably the best from the slim pickings

South Sudan > Northampton > North Sudan >>>>> Southampton

1 Like

The Bees were from the First Isle of Wight and they weren’t bad

With an average age of about 94

3 Likes

I liked Cranes back in the day.

1 Like

Pensioners basically control our destiny now, least they could do is turn out some innovative alternative rock as well

5 Likes

Craig David is a member of the South Sudanese royal family.