Best basic foodstuff to eat

I wasn’t sitting in judgment, simply fishing for clarification.

Peas are remarkable when you think about it. Palatable at a full range of temperatures from frozen to molten.

2 Likes

This reminds me, we had a rhubarb patch in the garden growing up and would be given a stall of raw rhubarb and an egg cup of sugar as a snack.

1 Like

Grated mature cheddar

1 Like

Isn’t that poisonous?

When we were a kid I grew raddishes with my Dad and, even though I thought they were disgusting (which they were as I was a kid) I didn’t want to disappoint my Father so used to pretend I thought they were delicious. This led to me getting raddishes in my packed lunch every day which was very unpleasant for me.

Think the leaves are poisonous but not the stalk. (I’m still alive anyway)

1 Like

And thankful we all are for that x

1 Like

Reminds me of when we thought Japanese knotweed was bamboo and my neighbour would snap them at the base and drink the “water” inside.

She’s probably a Triffid now.

Edit: apparently it’s quite tasty and completely edible.

2 Likes

Alphonso mango, obviously.

1 Like

Fruit.

Don’t agree with anyone saying vegetables. I love veg but it needs seasoning, gravy, sauce or a dip.
Raw carrots alright.

Could live on fresh bread and butter.

Radish. Can’t remember the last time I had a radish but they’re great fun!

Peanuts

i don’t believe you

yoghurt is pretty good tbh @plasticmike

1 Like

I goddamn knew you’d pop up, was literally going to tag you in the post.

Game on, lunch plans for Saturday sorted :muscle:

1 Like

Same deal with leftover christmas ham, etc. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah I’m a devil for any lump of processed pig. I was genuinely surprised with my turkey though which has a much less exalted reputation in the hierarchy of meats.

Think roast turkey and chicken is actually better cold the next day in a warm baguette than on the actual roast dinner

1 Like

Apple