Best Beatles Solo Career

In light of Paul McCartney being hugely embarrassing recently I’ve been relistening to Beatles/post-beatles stuff.

For my money it goes

George>Paul>John>Ringo

for solo stuff.

All Things Must Pass is as good as any late period Beatles album and I love it to bits. Always thinking about ‘got my mind set on you’ as well.

I think McCartney is a great wee album for a fun listen and RAM is great too. I have been shouted at numerous times for improving parties by putting on the all time banger ‘Temporary Secretary’

Only listened to Ringo singles :confused: might listen to a greatest hits or something soon.

Lennon was probably my favourite songwriter in the Beatles but his solo stuff is often fucking terrible. Plastic Ono Band is a great album, probably the best Beatles solo endeavour, but everything else is so poor. Imagine has one good song (crippled inside) and his version of Jealous Guy is boring and shit compared to Donny Hathaway who actually imbues it with some meaning. What happened John???

anyway

this is terrible altogether on every level

This is maybe not as bad and embarrassing but still, pretty bad

George. End of thread.

Paul. Temporary Secretary and Band On The Run

ringo had the best simpsons appearance so him

Jet is one of the greatest rock songs of all time.

Don’t @ me.

Paul or George > John > Ringo.

George has a lot of mediocre stuff, but he also has the first two discs of All Things Must Pass.

Paul has truly embarrassing stuff, but probably the largest amount of good stuff (Ram, McCartney 1 and 2, Band on the Run).

John had some great songs and a lot of tedious, mawkish, unsubtle shite.

Ringo was Ringo.

Macca

Ringo for Thomas the Tank Engine

Band on the Run- Mccartney’s last stand- even Lennon had to admit it was good.

big fan of George’s debut album:

Best? Pete.

Macca for “Give Ireland back to the Irish”

I listened to Temporary Secretary (and the rest of McCartney II) for the first time ever last night. Can’t believe I’ve been missing out for so long! What an album

Love this soundtrack. Good one for tracks to insert into mixes. Would quite like to see the daft sounding film at some point.

I was listening to Shankar Family and Friends lately which George produced, has his fingerprints on this joyful indo pop thing

Also contains an excellent side-long suite for an imagined opera, lots of Ravi’s lovely noodly sitar but then this part gets into jazz-rock after about 3 minutes. Not really like anything else I’ve heard

Funny how the solo albums they did before The Beatles broke up seem to get ignored.

Never heard of this - going to give it a listen. Cheers!

this looks amazing, thanks

yeah, i’m really surprised i don’t hear Wonderwall Music sampled all over the place

yeah, George’s second album is a curious beast too. Kinda unlistenable.