Best Christmas special of a TV show

Watched Marge Be Not Proud last night, it’s still wonderful

Probably second best behind The Office ones. Maybe Festivus too

2 Likes

Knowing Me Knowing Yule
Father Ted but also glinner :pensive:

The South Park ones are normally great, especially the Critters.

Always Sunny christmas is the daddy. You’ve got your Christmas Carol story, Frank climbing naked out of a sofa, ‘did you fuck my mum, Santa?’. Real classic.

4 Likes

Throwing rocks at trains

2 Likes

The Office
Drop The Dead Donkey

I love Partridge but can never get into KMKY

2 Likes

Peep Show - Seasons Beatings

6 Likes

Does 12 days of Christine count? If so it’s that

1 Like

Charlie Brown Christmas obvs

7 Likes

You’re looking for the ‘most harrowing Christmas special’ thread

3 Likes

It…does!

Royle family, one of the early ones with Nana. Not one of the later ones, shit just remembered about Caroline aherne :confused:

2 Likes

Marge Be Not Proud, Bottom and Father Ted

Yeah the first Christmas one, where she goes into labour, is fucking great.

Peep Show, a couple of the US Office Christmas episodes, Bottom and The Office.
We decided against our annual viewing of A Christmassy Ted last night cause of Glinner and the lottery funding thing.

11 Likes

Absolutely none.

3 Likes

Big fan of the first Futurama one with killer robot Santa.

2 Likes

I remember loving one where Mary the neighbour said she won a fancy dress prize for going as Shaun Wright Phillips

I’ve watched all the Christmas Specials of The Royle Family in the last few days. The first two are great (the one when Denise goes into labour and the one when Anthony’s girlfriend’s parents come over), however, i had forgotten just how awful it became by the end.

‘The New Sofa’ is mostly terrible as they move the setting to Dave & Denise’s house, however, there is the odd good moment from Tom Courtenay as Dave’s Dad (would Dave have parents like them though? I don’t think so) and a great monologue from Caroline Aherne when she has a rant at Dave about the state of the Christmas Dinner.

‘The Golden Egg Cup’ has a few good moments but most of the magic is lost when you take the characters out of the house. In this case it was a caravan in Wales.

‘Barbara’s Old Ring’ - the last ever episode and a terrible way to end it. Complete rubbish.