Best classic band t shirt

A Reading festival classic

10 Likes

Lots of these aren’t even classics, they’re just X’s favourite band shirt

1 Like

they were about 16 when they wrote it

Art show idea. Put all the Goo ‘homage’ tee shirts on the walls of a gallery and call it an installation.

2 Likes

Reckon Kim Deal could get this into a suitable NY gallery no problem.

1 Like

Pixies had a couple of classics I think. The Death to the Pixies and Doolitle cover ones. Maybe even the black with a Crab one.

I had this not classic one though, first band t I bought. Must have worn it for about 10 years until it fell apart.

This was my favourite band t-shirt ever. Wore it to death. Inexplicably got more snogs in late 90s/early 00s night-clubs wearing this t than anything else. People love dogs and Sonic Youth, I guess.

10 Likes

This might have been the best band tee I ever had.
Might buy a new one of it as it is very prescient now.

10 Likes

Yeah, I love this. Might get one and break out of my Goo monopoly.

1 Like

Re james flower shirts. I had a handful. Still got this.

2 Likes

1 Like

Was just thinking this week after Mark Keds death - Senseless Things had fantastc t-shirts as Jamie Hewlett used to do thier artwork and they had a shirt that tied in with most releases.

I had this on an XL long sleeved white shirt

(Without 3 track 12", natch)

2 Likes

This is fabulous. I’ll have one of those and another doggo t, thanks!

1 Like

Best one so far IMO

1 Like

Going to have to start listening to Sonic Youth just so I have a reason to buy their Tee shirts. They seem to be the champs of the Tee game ( in this thread atleast )

2 Likes

Daydream Nation, Dirty, Washing Machine. All good starters for the Youth.

2 Likes

Not really ‘best’ but remember the edgy metallers getting excited about this:

Wonder how popular this shirt is in Spain

Whoa I remember my older brother having this shirt in the 90s, must have been between 1993 and 1997 if he was still living at home but I was old enough to be able to read and also understand that “bastard” was a naughty word

1 Like

Some of my faves

3 Likes