Best countries to immigrate to?

what a snub!

4 Likes

And yet, it’s colder and has a fuckton more rain:

https://weather-averages.co.uk/compare-climate/vancouver%2C-canada/reading%2C-uk

Keep getting recruiters suggesting jobs for me in the Caymans. Having visited I can safely say I’d go insane if I lived there.

Weather eh.

What nationality are you? Do you have the kind of professional skills that could help you obtain a working visa?

The tv is adamant that she wants to move to Lerwick. Not convinced, myself

Libyan resident in Turkey. I do have some skills but I don’t know those guys probably got such standards. And I don’t know which would be be easier getting a working visa or a student one… MFA or some shit.

I have a friend from the Shetlands. Getting there, or coming back, takes an age and costs a fortune. Fine if you want to be completely isolated and would be satisfied staying in a small community, but totally impractical otherwise.

1 Like

I would assume student visas are the easiest to obtain, though I’m unsure how easy it is to convert those to longer term versions (it’s increasingly difficult in the UK, for example).

This is the list of Canada’s preferred occupations. It’s surprisingly wide-ranging.

1 Like

Yeah that will be something to consider too converting i mean. But I guess as long as they see me as “good” for them in anyway they’d be positive about it.

Come to Ireland! The rents are obscene, our health service is falling apart and our government are a bunch of right wing landlord dickheads but we’re great fun*!

*Warning: May not be great fun.

7 Likes

And further west than Bristol

3 Likes

I used to know someone from Unst, the most northerly of the Shetland Islands. Takes a whole day on the ferry to get from Aberdeen to Lerwick and then from Lerwick to Unst iirc.

Apparently the ferry from Lerwick to Unst at the right time of year is absolutely spectacular though.

1 Like

lol how’s night life and music scene there?

belgium, for fucks sake?!

3 Likes

Countries with a worse human rights record than Turkey:

Somalia
Ethiopia
Eritrea
Libya
Central African Republic
Nigeria
Yemen
Philippines
Afghanistan
Iraq
Democratic Republic of Congo
North Korea
Myanmar
Sudan
Syria
South Sudan

As long as you don’t go to any of the above places, any move will be an improvement.

mmh I’m looking at different places and comparing but also if you guys mention some highlights about the countries you recommend would be cool

:belgium:

beer
bikes
frites
chocolate

1 Like

lol no way I’m going to any of those or any one with a similar conservative society. I just dig a place with a cold weather, hot gigs and night life, people who don’t judge, interesting artsy stuff too.

it’s also further east

2 Likes