Best Cover Band Names

Pastor of Muppets.

3 Likes

Just adding ā€˜UKā€™ to the original band name is cheating surely? At least come up with a weak pun.

Quite disappointed in the Megadeth one, tbh. Think what they could have had!

Megadave
Degameth
The Sweatinā€™ Bullets
Holy Warz!
Hangar 19
Rust In Peace Sells?
Wake Up Deth
A Tout Le Mega
The Angry Agains
Symfony of Destruktion
Shred And The Fugitive Mind
The Shred-Wolves

Proxy Music.

9 Likes

Beezer

I saw a band years ago called Gabba. They did Abba songs Ramones style. The singer was as tall as Joey too.

3 Likes

Is that an actual band? I made that pun when we were looking to book a Bon Jovi tribute band for my friendā€™s wedding.

For what itā€™s worth, the UKā€™s premier tribute act appear to be Non Joviā€¦

Well, Iā€™m not actually sure. They were an act of legend in our circle of friends about 20 years ago, but I donā€™t know whether they actually existed or not. In fact, the legend went that they were actually a sexually ambiguous tribute act called Bi Jovi, which is double punnage and even better.

I liked to imagine them as a dapper 1920s take on the power ballad. A bit like these guys do for 80s tracksā€¦

https://cunningfolkmusic.com/the-lucky-dandy/

1 Like

The Reet Hot Chili Peppers are a North East-based tribute to Flea and the lads

4 Likes

Enjoying this thread a lot!

Thereā€™s a Nirvana/Elvis tribute act called Elvanaā€¦ no idea how that works.

1 Like

http://www.mexrrissey.com/splash/

That sounds great. Big fan of The Ramonas too :+1:

Ramonas

2 Likes

Interstingly, there was a band called this once.

I reviewed their album for God is in the TV. They were aware of their band name.

ā€œOur name actually came from a line in The Simpsons. When Ned Flandersā€™ wife, Maude, had just died, Marge asked him how he was, to which he replied, ā€˜Oh Marge, Iā€™m like a Q without a Uā€™, which I thought was a cool name for a band. Little did I know it would nearly get us sued by the DIY bastions of the free world. They sent us a letter threatening to sue us if we didnā€™t change our name a few years back, which we promptly ignored. Fuck 'em, weā€™re keeping it!ā€"

The article then says
ā€œWith an attitude like that and their clear independent spirit, Q without U are sure to go from strength to strength on their own terms.ā€

LOL.

This has left me feeling confused, then disappointed and then angry.

4 Likes

Dread Zeppelin

Thereā€™s a Huddersfield based SOAD tribute called Thomas The Serj Tankian Engine. They played with an Offspring covers band a few months back:

7 Likes

amazing

one of them used to post here, heck they may still do so?:

Looks like JohnM is heading to the darkside.