Best EPs of 2019

This isn’t a poll, just name some you like because nobody else has made an EP thread this year and EPs are good.

PS. The best EP of 2019 is in fact:
Flat Worms - Into the Iris

5 Likes

Squid!!

Bloody love Squid

6 Likes

beabadoobee had a great one

1 Like

Curse These Metal Hands. Conjurer and Pijn join up to make a much lighter, fun version of metal than either band usually do.

A.A. Williams
Death folk apparently. Sounds like folky shoegaze and Goth to me. It’s an amazing first ep.

6 Likes

Skee Mask

5 Likes

As usual, its by Self Defense Family:

1 Like

Oh, this too actually:

https://gurrband.bandcamp.com/album/she-says

Andy Stott

6 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed Bodega’s offering (and think it’s just about right to classify it as an EP rather than an album)

2 Likes

Came here to say this. Poss my favourite release this year. Sounds very daydream nation era SY

I agree :raised_hands:t2:

Ha

1 Like

:wave:t2:

1 Like

have you listened to their album from the other year? it was v good too.

i really loved Oscillate 003 from Karen Gwyer and Johanna Knuttson

2 Likes

Cherushii (RIP) & Maria Minerva

2 Likes

Lisa O’Neill’s ‘The Wren, The Wren’ was quite good too.

and ‘A Mouthful of The Mary Wallopers’ by The Mary Wallopers for some lovely trad

Villagers’ ‘The Sunday Walker’ EP sounded like one of his slightly duller efforts though even though i liked his last album a lot. might need another listen though.

can’t think what other EPs i listened to (i checked out the Bodega one earlier this morning, not bad)

1 Like

Yeah really liked it. Think the EP is a notch up tho. Finds a really nice balance between catchy hooks and fuzzy guitars

yeah it’s a perfect short burst as well, but i’m looking forward to the next album (whenever it appears)

1 Like