Best ever run of albums

they could’ve used more Damo, to be honest. Like a lot of their later albums, they suffer from some really indistinct vocals; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Not big on Come Sta la Luna or Splash. The former could’ve used better vocals and the former is just bad,

Rising Tide is gorgeous. It’s just a little different to their other stuff. Little less raw. Def my least fav of theirs but I hate saying that since it discredits its charms.

Low Level Owl needs to be digested in one sitting, one of those types of mood records. It’s the one that gets all the love cos it’s expansive and trying to be something beyond emo. I usually pull up Mare Vitalis or Pregrine tho if i need a fix. Easier to dive right in.

1 Like

Come Sta is alright, but it’s something akin to a bulk of Flow Motion where the track would’ve really benefited from much more interesting vocals. As it is, it’s just sort of there and feels like it takes forever to get through. Both tracks are otherwise really weak compared to Dizzy Dizzy, Chain Reaction, and Quantum Physics.

1999, Purple Rain, Around the World in Day, Parade and Sign of the Times.

2 Likes

Neil Young - everyone knows its nowhere, after the goldrush, harvest, time fades away, on the beach, tonight’s the night, zuma

2 Likes

Metallica’s first 5
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds all of them
Swans last 4
REM all of them
Tim Hecker all of them
Stars of the Lid all of them

Roxy Music - S/T, For Your Pleasure, Stranded, Country Life

John Cale - Paris 1919, Fear, Slow Dazzle, Helen Of Troy, Sabotage live.

Wild Beasts - Limbo Panto to Boy King

Felt - Crumbling The Antiseptic Beauty to Poem Of The River