Best / favourite PS1 and PS2 games

Listen im not having my late adolescence ruined a decade later so let’s just agree to disagree ok

I DO NOT AGREE TO THIS.

And the fact that me and a couple of mates spent the best part of a year stoned out of our gourds/hopped up on cheap red wine running a fantasy league (including all the weirdly named classic teams’ players) on 5 is in no way affecting my judgement

I did practically the same on 6 :hugs:

1 Like
6 Likes

:smiley:

I love how they went from proper licensed music and trying to be FIFA to…this. I’d have loved to have been in that meeting.

I legitimately listen to that song semi-regularly, it’s a thing of wonder.

2 Likes

Might be thinking of a different game (or completely imagining it), but couldn’t you punch the goalkeeper while he was holding the ball on FIFA 98?

You could just go through them with a slide tackle, great way of getting a match abandoned if you were losing

3 Likes

Fondest memories are of PES 2/3 (Pierluigi Collina cover). Not actually the best in the series, obviously, but felt light years ahead of any football games made up to that point

2 Likes

You could dive in fifa 98 as well I think.

What was the one where you could get abducted by aliens?

Talking of favourite soundtracks I always loved this track

This thread has me wanting to play silent hill 2. Was the HD remaster for PS3 really as bad as everyone says?

was there a Tony Hawk game where one of the levels you started by jumping out of a helicopter into a half pipe?

i remember it somehow, but when googling all I can see if a level in THUG where you jump over a helicopter

This fella?

2 Likes

I looked it up as I’m guessing this was read as a joke, it was 2000:

can’t believe I forgot Psychonauts, fantastic game!

3 Likes

This brings back fond memories of my first year halls and our “Andy Reid Matches”.

1. Random Selection Match
  2. Team must include Andy Reid, so Ireland or Sunderland (iirc.) as one of your choices, free choice with the rest. And once you get Reid, that’s your team.
  3. Reid has to play no. 10
  4. Reid has to play full 90 minutes
  5. Reid has to take all set pieces (bar goal kicks).

Don’t think we really played any normal matches!

5 Likes

Spiderman
Wild Arms
Marvel Vs Capcom

i was sure there was a huge drop! silly me ha