Best / favourite PS1 and PS2 games

Cool Boarders 2 must be one of the games I’ve dedicated most hours to in my life. Way better than silly SSX games

1 Like

it was 3 that introduced reverts

you’re right about that being a big change tho, along with the special bar filling and turning special while doing a combo instead of only change after.

Sled Storm.

Hasn’t been near enough snowmobile games

Huh. See I missed 3 and played 4 first and as I remembered it I couldn’t get into 3 later because of the lack of reverts. But that can’t be right. Stupid brain.

Why pay through the nose to get it chipped when a lump of blu-tac and a quick wrist would let you hot swap your pirate discs?

Except Fear Effect. And Final Fantasy. And pretty much any multi-disc game.

1 Like

I bought a kit for mine very late in the PS1’s lifetime. It was an action replay style thing that plugged into back of PS1 (and had all the benefits of an action replay too) and a big spring that held the lid closed button down.

Maybe you couldn’t revert manual in 3? I’m struggling to remember how incrementally they introduced stuff.

some more absolute gems from my youth:

Syphon Filter 3-02Armored Core-02

1 Like

You could definitely revert to manual in 3, vividly remember it.

Ah!

I googled it last night all ready to storm in here all ACTUALLY… but according to wiki 3 had reverts. So it is I who was wrong.

Unless @iamwiggy changed the wiki…and then enlisted @Kallgeese into this fiendish plot to discredit me…

I’m watching you guys.

3 definitely had reverts! I know because when I went back to 2 I found it unplayable without reverts!

sub-thread:

net yaroze!

^this demo disc from OUKPM had some incredible games on it.

Total Soccer was amazing:

Pushy II as well:

And Psychon:

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t know what wiggy has on you but you won’t get away with this!

Why is there no active skateboarding franchises these days anyways? I’d bloody love a new decent THPS/Skate game.

Getting the first level on MGS with ISS Pro Evo '98 :heart_eyes:

Bubble Boy!

I didnt realise they redid THPS , why was it such a mess?

Some of the demo discs I played more than actual games I reckon.

Oh fuck, I reckon I played this the most, how could I forget??

1 Like

I can still hear the sound of the babies on it and they still piss me off!

I’ve no idea how they fucked it up but it just felt clunky and wrong. It was much stricter on landings - you’d bail in situations where you’d be fine on any of the other TH games. And it didn’t feel like a design choice so much as shoddy programming. All they had to do was add a HD shine to the old levels and rake the cash in but they ballsed it right up.