Best / favourite PS1 and PS2 games

This is why I stopped playing Max Payne. I had to watch an unskippable cutscene featuring the line “colder than a walk-in fridge. Cold as a gun” every. single. time before this ridiculous bit where you had to beat someone who had a grenade launcher.

I also remember playing the original (I think) top down GTA on PS1. I used to really enjoy being able to switch between radio stations, but never really got on with the top down view. I guess Rockstar thought the same

Just remembered Red Faction and Red Faction 2. Was a lot of fun being able to blow holes in walls when you couldn’t be bothered to go and find the key card or whatever.

I still remember a song off it! it had the line “the men they found their women scary cause they were so big and hairy”

was that on the country station? I remember the songs on that one being good

oh Max Payne was frustrating. There was one level where it was following a white line in a dark room in a maze typ ething, while a baby was crying

i think so ! it was certainly a country type song

Haha! Fuck that level.

Pretty sure it was a trail of blood you follow?

There were two of them! Due to some remarkably poor game design it was possible to jump from the start to the finish in the first one because the two doors were next to each other and the platforms for the white lines were slightly wider than the lines themselves.

KLONOA! One of my all-time favourites. This music gets me every time.

I remember liking Syphon Filter, but I suspect it’s probably pretty shit now. Thrasher: Skate and Destroy was a good alternative to Tony Hawks if you could get past the unorthodox control scheme.

Ape Escape
MediEval
Abe’s Odyssey
MGS
Crazy Taxi
Broken Sword 2
Tomb Raider
TOCA Touring Cars
That Japanese ninja one whose name escapes me - T something

Tenshu?

Pretty chilled tbh mate

Twisted Metal 2: World Tour was so much better.

I vaguely remember that now! Thats about it, and a level where you.play a baseball mascot too?

Anyone ever play the game “Stuntman”? It’s been like 15 years since I played it but I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever attempted. I’m including things outside of video games in that. Reckon the game might have been harder than being an actual stuntman.

Yeah! It was pretty great though!