🏆 🎬 Best FILMS and TV shows of 2022 📺 🏆

Excellent, currently I use just watch solely as a TV watch list and use Letterboxd for movie and limited series watch list and logging. Will see if I can migrate my just watch profile to trackt and use that going forward.

1 Like

Andor, Welcome To Wrexham

In no particular order

Films
X
Barbarian
Terrifier 2
Scream

TV
The Midnight Club
What We Do In The Shadows S4
Dahmer
Wednesday
Archive 81
Blockbuster
Snack vs Chef

1 Like

Haven’t seen any films out this year and very few TV shows but Am I Being Unreasonable? was brilliant, Stranger Things was fine and The Watcher was absolutely abysmal.

Neon Spring (Latvian queer rave drama) would definitely make my 10 also, but that was a festival film and hasn’t got a full release yet - so never know what to do with them

Would probably slot in behind Benedetta

1. Banshees of Inisherin
  2. Bones and All
  3. Parallel Mothers
  4. Happening
  5. Pearl
  6. Playground
  7. Flee
  8. Moonage Daydream
  9. Everything Everywhere All At Once
  10. Bergman Island

1-6 all really resonated with me, and tbh could all be switched around. 7-10 much less so, but they were definitely quality.

And lots to catch up on (feel like Red Rocket, The Quiet Girl and Hit the Road could all be jostling into that list).

Worst film I saw at the cinema this year was The Northman, and the more I see it crop up in lists the more I hate it.

1 Like

High Five Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Oh yeah, Hit the Road needs to be in my to-watch pile as well. Annoyed I didn’t get to see in playing on Tuesday, got my work times wrong and it was on too early in the evening

1 Like

Haven’t seen much this year compared to recently and if I did it was usually older films and old favourites. Plenty in this thread I intend to catch up on.

Better Call Saul was the biggest emotional reaction for me having a real break up between the two halves of the season made it even more resonant

Also loved The Bear. Andor was the biggest surprise as a non-Star Wars fan.

Everything Everywhere and Doc Strange 2 were my favourite cinema trips this year which I guess means I love multiverses. Also just happy to see Sam Raimi indulge comic dorkery again tbh.

1 Like

Oh yes RRR was fun too. Couldn’t quite crack the top, err… 18.
Might have been higher if I’d seen it in a rammed cinema though!

1 Like

Earwig or The Innocents were the best

Liquorice Pizza or EEAAO the worst

Best film released in the UK this year is probably The Innocents, closely followed by Banshees and Everything Everywhere.

TV - Not sure i’ve seen enough…liked White Lotus but it’s pretty lightweight.

1 Like

In terms of how ‘good’ I thought they were: 1. Banshees of Inisherin; 2. Decision to Leave; 3. The Northman

In terms of how much I was enjoying myself at the cinema: 1. The Northman; 2. Banshees of Inisherin; 3. Decision to Leave

Disappointingly standard choices really! Banshees of Inisherin was exactly what I expected it to be, but I had hoped it would be more than I had expected it to be. Decision to Leave was a little meticulous and controlled for my taste, and The Northman was brutal and (imo!!) very entertaining but surprisingly clumsily done at times.

1 Like

Completely missed The Innocents but seen it in the lists and will add it to my catch up

2 Likes

Blew me away.

1 Like

Same. Only £2.99 to buy too.

It’s probably the best thing about these lists

1 Like

Although, full disclosure (only click if you want a very small story beat spoiled) there’s some animal cruelty that’s a tough watch

We watched the Midnight Club last week, it was enjoyable enough. Have you read Mike Flanagan’s blog outlining what would have happened in s2? Essentially it was a two season story arc and Netflex bailed after one.

1 Like

I thought the Norseman was whack but can see why some people would get a lot out of it.

Yehhh! I read that fairly recently. Really disappointed we wont get to see season 2.

1 Like

Severance was the best TV show I have seen for a few years, not just in 2022.

2 Likes