Best films of 2017 DiS users poll!

UK got it this year. DA RULES BOYZ

(Also it played in theatres & won an Oscar)

Surely not the whole thing? How long was it edited down to? Saw the whole thing as soon as it aired on ESPN obviously

I was gonna question it too but yeah, theatrical release makes it legit

:+1:

1 Like

It’s 8 bloody hours long mates

Yeah it was the whole thing, a few cinemas showed it (with about 3 intervals IIRC)

yes, they played the whole thing, it’s not the first time a super long doc has played at cinemas:

fucking hell. I mean it’s brilliant but no thank you to that

1 Like

I mean I watched it at home not in a cinema but I pretty much did the whole 8 hours in one sitting

if not then obviously bump up I am not your negro but great if so!

no good ones this year, sorry lads

3 Likes
  1. Raw
  2. Toni Erdmann
  3. Moonlight
  4. Lady Macbeth
  5. Dunkirk

Five is nowhere near enough.

Only saw three films this year, which was a massive step up from zero last year. Ask me to do a top five in a few years after I have caught up on things from netflix/tv.

FWIW, The Red Turtle was my favourite of the three, Get Out was decent and the other one was just Marvel meh that my brother dragged me along to.

Come on I KNOW you liked the love witch

Can I say a film that hasn’t had its cinematic release yet, but that I’ve seen at a festival? Cause The Shape of Water was definitely one of the best films I’ve seen this year, but it’s not in cinemas until February or something.

Toni Erdmann has been on my watchlist for ages. Just started watching it as a result of this thread. 12 minutes in and I really want him to be my friend. He’s fucking great!

2 Likes

I’ve heard it’s very cringy which is definitely putting me off…

What do you mean by that and why would it put you off?

Its not at all cringy