Best films of 2017 DiS users poll!

bet there’s a a few tbf

3 Likes

True, but I’m happy with entries with less than 5 votes. The more the merrier

Just re-watched last night and its even better than I remembered

1. Get out
2 Likes

It’s been a really good year. Quite a few on people’s lists I’ve not yet seen. I might hold off until after Star Wars. Not sure if it will realistically make my top 5 but it gives me more time to decide whether I preferred Moonlight or The Florida Project!

Good call, they are right next to each other on my list too. I’m waiting to see A Ghost Story and (maybe) Toni Erdmann before I’m willing to commit.

Not seen anything else or just nothing worth voting for?

Not been to the cinema much for new stuff this year unfortunately. Of the others probably worth putting I’ll just have

1. Moonlight
  2. Death of Stalin
  3. Disaster Artist

and thats it thanks!

1 Like

Yes please, thanks JaguarPirate

Just chuck it in 5th or should it go higher and move everything else down?

stick it in 5th

1 Like

Forgot about Harmonium so Moonlight comes out and that goes in.

1 Like

Get Out is fast becoming the most overrated film of the year

3 Likes

A Dark Song was really good and apparently came out this year. So thats somewhere in a list.

I think it’s fairly appropriately rated tbh

1 Like

Yessss Thelma (Norwegian film!!!) has had its general release in the UK so that will definitely be on my list I reckon

The clusterfuck of a yearly rolling film thread on here is genuinely the reason i don’t watch more new films. It’s too overwhelming (don’t laugh, i’ve got some undiagnosed weird sensory processing issues). I floated the idea a couple of years ago that we could have monthly threads which might encourage more positive discussion but everyone told me to fuck off.

Moonlight (possibly the best film so far this century), Lion (nice, but ultimately spoilied by Nicole Kidman) and Patriots Day (boring) are, so far as i can remember, the only three new releases i saw this year.

3 Likes

Want to vote for either of the first two or nah?

I think this is a good idea actually, I never go in the massive film thread.

3 Likes

yeah I agree. threads that go on forever are quite off-putting.

(I probably told him to fuck off before)

2 Likes

I shall make A POLL! In a separate thread so more people see it, obvs.