Best four-track EPs

1 Like

which reminds me…

2 Likes

This, always this.

4 Likes

Used to love a good ep when I was growing up, partly because they were easier to afford than albums. This was my favourite then and I don’t think it has been bettered since

7 Likes

All of the first 3 Beta Band EP’s.

11 Likes

Boc - in a beautiful place out in the country

11 Likes

Lazy Line Painter Jane EP
Mogwai EP

1 Like

Cocteau Twins had the four-track EP down to a fine art; Aikea-Guinea, Tiny Dynamine, Echoes In A Shallow Bay, Twinlights - all high points in a stacked discography.

2 Likes
3 Likes

They are all great. Aikea-Guinea is my favourite ever Cocteaus track but Sunburst and Snowblind just pips it over the four tracks I think.

Worth mentioning The Spangle Maker too. Only three tracks so not eligible for this title but a great ep.

2 Likes

correct answer, with the following as runners-up:

Curve — Blindfold
Curve — Frozen

4 Likes

Every track is great, works really nicely as it’s own self contained entity rather than just being a great lead and some b-sides, looks lovely to boot

This was a great low key release for the series based on Neil Gaiman short stories

Not to everyone’s taste I guess but if you want to hear Jarvis incant the names of mushroom’s over music that sounds sad and musty then dig in

2 Likes

The physical version is only 4 tracks.

3 Likes

Slavestate as well

2 Likes

Undersea by The Antlers is very underrated in their catalogue imo. (Also have a soft spot for it as it was the first non-second-hand record I bought)

2 Likes

Jesu’s Silver EP

(One of my favorite discoveries from this site, from back during the Melodic Aggressive Shoegaze thread)

7 Likes

Midwife’s Prayer Hands EP

Just as good as her full lengths.

3 Likes

So much good stuff in this format recently. A few good ones from the past two years:

3 Likes

The Hand’s Volume 3

Low’s Zak Sally’s other band. Think fans of Hot Snakes will like this in particular, it’s fast and angry and thrashing and a response to Trump’s election.

1 Like

Almost forgot since two songs are also on albums.

Rhinoceros
Blue
Slunk
Bye June