Best Jokes of the Fringe 2022- a critical review

1. “I tried to steal spaghetti from the shop, but the female guard saw me and I couldn’t get pasta” - Masai Graham

0 voters

1. “Did you know, if you get pregnant in the Amazon, it’s next-day delivery” - Mark Simmons

0 voters

1. “My attempts to combine nitrous oxide and Oxo cubes made me a laughing stock” - Olaf Falafel

0 voters

1. “By my age, my parents had a house and a family, and to be fair to me, so do I - but it is the same house and it is the same family” - Hannah Fairweather

0 voters

1. “I hate funerals - I’m not a mourning person” - Will Mars

0 voters

1. “I spent the whole morning building a time machine, so that’s four hours of my life that I’m definitely getting back” - Olaf Falafel

0 voters

1. “I sent a food parcel to my first wife. FedEx” - Richard Pulsford

0 voters

1. “I used to live hand to mouth. Do you know what changed my life? Cutlery” - Tim Vine

0 voters

1. “Don’t knock threesomes. Having a threesome is like hiring an intern to do all the jobs you hate” - Sophie Duker

0 voters

1. “I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days” - Will Duggan

0 voters

Tim Vine one and laughing stock are the only really good ones, mostly absolute duds.

11 Likes

The Edinburgh Fringe has always sounded really crap to me.

6 Likes

Lot of “have you noticed that some words sound like other, different words” here

18 Likes
  1. “Did you know, if you get pregnant in the Amazon, it’s next-day delivery” - Mark Simmons

Dreadful stuff this IMO.

25 Likes

Number two is, well, number two :poop:

This one is particularly dire.

8 Likes
  • DiS on any given day is funnier than a day at the Fringe
  • It’s not

0 voters

They should have to give full disclosure on how they put these lists together. Who was involved, which shows they went to etc.

2 Likes

Nah this is advanced comedy, because it’s got two different cases of a word that is the same as another word but means a different thing. Two!

2 Likes

One of the 10 best jokes at the fringe is that pasta sounds like past her.

Shut it down.

6 Likes

Abolish comedy

7 Likes

Are any of these ten jokes funnier than someone remembering something they ate or watched on the telly in the eighties?

4 Likes

Not just one of the best, THE best.

Has anyone done a marine comedy set called Sarcastic Fringehead yet? If not, you can have that one for free.

You know the problem with electric eels? Try finding a charging point in the bloody ocean.

20 Likes

On one of my dives I was surprised by a large sea creature playing guitar. Turns out it was a busking shark.

This comedy thing is dead easy. Give me two weeks and reckon I could get the whole top 10 on lockdown.

21 Likes

Could get a solid tongue-eating-louse skit in there too. Maybe I should ghost write comedy sets for people with charisma.

I tried to steal a pasty from the shop, but the male guard saw me and I couldn’t get past he.

5 Likes

Being a fringe veteran now I’ll say if you can remember any of the jokes you weren’t there.
There’s A LOT of booze