Best Jokes of the Fringe 2022- a critical review

Some people say that the secret of great writing is brevity. I say that those people are in fact incorrect and actually brevity in writing really isn’t that important, the more important thing is to write every piece of detail so that your audience couldn’t possibly misunderstand the things you are writing and you’ve fully expanded on the point you are making which makes it much more powerful, and in this case, funny than the shortened alternative.

5 Likes

The best comedy doesn’t have any jokes.

I do like the Time Machine one though

2 Likes

That pasta joke is proper awful. 4th one is the only one that made me even smile

Should have said Cut the Fringe off.

1 Like

It’s literally the worst of the bunch

Who is grading these

1 Like

Gah, these get worse every year. That pasta joke could have been made up by a 6 year old.

I’d have given the award to Hannah Fairweather out of those.

1 Like

Soft spot for this one

6 Likes

Erm, “couldn’t get past him” doesn’t work though?

1 Like

Hope this is a joke

2 Likes

Told by pal my wife’s off to the Caribbean. “Jamaica?” he asked. I said no, her name’s Susan, for fucks sake mate you were the best man at our wedding, you should know that.

6 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

No but you could take the word “female” out though and leave the punchline as “past her” unless you feel that everyone is default male unless specified otherwise?

5 Likes

People keep asking me if I’m town for the comedy festival. I tell them no actually, I’m here for the big door trade show, the Edinburgh Hinge

1 Like

I feel seen

1 Like

All these Scottish people must not be used to the sunny weather we’ve been having. You can see it on their sunburned faces - the Edinburgh Tinge

Ah…sorry, I get your point now. Brain not woken up entirely.

Obviously don’t think that. For the purpose of the joke it’s not too horrible to state female - it gives the listener an image ahead of the punchline and they get it quicker.

2 Likes

Every year we get these complaints about the quality of jokes at the comedy festival. It’s the Edinburgh Whinge.

4 Likes

Run out of alphabet now

1 Like

Next year’s winner.

1 Like

I’ve heard of ‘pasta point of no return’ but this is ridiculous!