Best Kept Secret Festival 2018 Thread

Fuck, looks like I finally meet up with the editor guy but I’m fucking knackered and just want to get some kip. Fucking hell aging.

1 Like

He stopped messaging so I have too. Just sitting down to watch the rest of Deerhunter and looking forward to the Muzak set from Arctic Monkeys which will undoubtedly upset the haircut brigade.

1 Like

I hope Deerhunter are as good as they were at Primavera.

Kept falling asleep so went back to the tent. Arctic Monkeys were fine but I just need some kip. Will keep my phone on noisy, but half tempted to just ignore any calls as I’m fucking shattered.

1 Like

Had a waffle with Nutella and banana on the way back though and that was delicious

1 Like

This thread is great. Are you going to be live-blogging all weekend @ma0sm?

Please just submit this thread as your review of the festival.

6 Likes

Spent ages trying to find my tent in the dark because they all look the same and I only just bought it.

As I got out of the toilet (one of those Dutch ones with a little shelf that presents your poo before you flush) I bumped into the editor guy. Shook his hand by instinct, then realised I had just forced him to shake hands with someone who had just stepped out of a portaloo.

1 Like

He stayed somewhere else, but still seems to think staying with me might be a good idea tonight.

2 Likes

I forgot how comfortable Dutch people are with nudity so the shower area was like a tin of hotdogs.

6 Likes

Thought I’d be clever and find a cafe off site to have breakfast at so there weren’t massive queues. Walked 2km there and it was closed. Found another one another 2km further, am on my way and hoping that one is open.

Proper farming villages and I’m wearing a T shirt which says I want to fuck the whole world up.

It’s fine.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:This is fab! Enjoy today and keep posting!

I found the cafe, and they don’t serve tap water, only bottled so I’m not having any out of principle. I have had three coffees and an underwhelming veggie burger though.

Finished up the (very boringly written) review and now gonna head back to the festival site.

Have just realised that my print out of today’s schedule has fallen out of my pocket. This is annoying.

Plan for the day is:
16:10 - 17:00 Wolf Alice (stage one)
17:00 - 18:00 Slowdive (stage two)
18:00 - 19:00 The Kills (stage one)
19:00 - 20:00 The Internet (stage two)
20:00 - 21:00 Warpaint (stage one)
21:00 - 22:00 Vince Staples (stage two)
22:00 - 00:00 The National (stage one, will go see Wavves 22:30 - 23:30 / Dune Rats 23:30 - 00:00 at The Casbah when I get a bit bored of them)
00:10 - 01:00 Jlin (stage five)
01:30 - 02:00 USA Nails (the casbah)
02:00 - 02:30 Candy Says (the casbah)
02:30 - 03:15 Big Ups (the casbah)

Writing it down here while I still have the laptop out and can use it as my guide. Probably be asleep by the end of The National.

1 Like

Just looked at my receipt. I asked if the veggie burger came with fries, she said yes. I have been charged for fries.

2 Likes

I bored myself writing my bits of this, but there you go.

I came back in a different way and now I don’t know where I am. There is a Spar here that sells donuts. I’m gonna buy a donut.

Guy in front of me bought a plain donut. What a wrongun.