Best music from a computer game

So you’re saying “it’s all in the mind!”?
:laughing:

3 Likes

From GTA San Andreas. So much better than the real Radio X.

5 Likes

Just listening to this soundtrack on Spotify now, thanks! I loved NiGHTS so much, and the soundtrack was so great. Especially that singalong karaoke version which I have drunken memories of singing along with my university flatmates more times than I can count!
In the night, dream delight…

Think I mentioned it in similar thread years ago, but the Fez soundtrack is fantastic:

Might listen to it while working this morning.

Also, a not computer game computer game music contribution - Tomorrow’s Harvest by BoC. When I first go into Minecraft in about 2013, I stuck it on a USD stick and plugged it in to my 360 to have it as the background music while playing. Had it over and over for hours. It’s a perfect fit… probably helps that it doesn’t sound a million miles away from the actual Minecraft music.The two are inextricably linked for me now.

3 Likes

Xenoblade Chronicles has some beauties. This from the snowy mountain, delicate and lovely:

And this belter when you first run into the open plain for the first time and see how big the world is:

ATD gaming moment, that :+1:

2 Likes
1 Like

Really disappointed the rest of the series went in a generic Hollywood blockbuster direction with the music (and everything else) because this slaps.

One of my proudest mixtape moments was mixing Autechre’s Basscadet (Tazmx) into this. Or the other way around idk.

1 Like
3 Likes

They used this in an episode of Barry, although I think they changed it a bit.

I don’t think it’s a real computer game but actually from an album of computer game style library music. Anyway think it’s ace

2 Likes

XC3 not winning the soundtrack category at the game awards this year is ridiculous.

It’s astounding.

very intense

very relax

3 Likes

My answer has always been and will always be

Massive fan of this though

1 Like
3 Likes

This soundtrack was banging

4 Likes

Great game too!

1 Like

Anyone mentioned Bastion in here yet? Lovely, lovely stuff.

2 Likes

Big fan of the Escape Goat 2 soundtrack:

Excellent soundtrack, loved the Transistor one too

2 Likes

So glad this got linked in here. It’s just so good.

This post paid for by PROF$.

one of Charlie Brooker’s desert island discs too