Best of DiS: 2021

As it’s the end of the year, what better thing to do than indulge in some appreciation of this brilliant place and the community here.

Please share the threads, moments and posts that made this site excellent in 2021.

1 Like

I’ll start with my fav thread of the year: the wonderful Autumn Nature Challenge thread by @AutumnBeech

22 Likes

Every day of the euros

17 Likes

Post of the year:

28 Likes

@Ruffers coming back

17 Likes

100 greatest living Britons thread was good. Taught me a lot about who the 100 greatest living Britons are

14 Likes

HGATR

14 Likes

Was running around trying to find a blue thing etc this year or last year? Another awesome @AutumnBeech thread :blush:

7 Likes

I’m not sure (died in the Great WC Cull), but I feel like it must have been last year? Feels like a very Lockdown 1.0 type of activity.

Was fun. Might do it again but not as a championship as fewer people working from home now.

3 Likes

I think it was January as I was at my parents’ at the time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That time I won the heart of @Squandered in an episode of @Funkhouser 's Blind Date series.

8 Likes

Number 40 is a good egg.

Red.

2 Likes

Some good Menless Mondays this year.

8 Likes

God its probably time to start collecting votes for next year’s list

1 Like

Not a particular thread, post or moment but just overall how amazing this place is. So many interesting discussions and always something to make me smile. The support and friendship really means a lot. I love you all :heart:

21 Likes

These were fun

9 Likes

This was the year of @Mert_Aksac I think, both with thread of the year:

and post of the year:

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/tell-me-about-marriage-proposals-you-have-made-and-or-received/61118/9

My own personal best contribution to the boards was definitely the How Not Good Are They Really World Cup:

11 Likes

Yeah this. I feel a lot closer to everyone after the last year. A great bunch.

1 Like

I enjoyed seeing and reading about peoples lunch and dinners :relaxed:

10 Likes