Best of DiS: 2021

My what now?

Edit: never mind I remember now

1 Like

If there was ever a thread that left me with tears of laughter in my eyes and Mrs CCB with that withering “what the fuck are you laughing at” look, it was that one.

KICKED MY ARSE!

10 Likes

so much arse was kicked back in 1086

6 Likes

Was pissing myself again reading through it

2 Likes

Seeing people in real life was good. Finally meeting @rich-t , randomly bumping into @grievoustim around town (like I did at lunchtime today), and @shes_so_high joining the South Coast Massive

7 Likes

I’m going to nominate this for my pick

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/can-they-get-a-yeehaw

just an extremely wholesome thread

6 Likes

5 Likes

I feel like I’m on here all the time and yet I’ve no idea what some of you are talking about here

5 Likes

Ah I see. I don’t go anywhere near the Great Things On Social Media thread unless I have a Great Thing On Social Media to post in there (and have to read the last 300 posts to make sure it hasn’t been posted yet)

Quickly men, through the great things on social media thread

11 Likes

I have a similar thing with the daily threads, not going to open one until I have started at the beginning and worked my way through all of them.

2 Likes

I don’t really go in the daily threads unless I have something to complain about

3 Likes

I like all of DiS. However, I truly love the place from what are some of the individual posts on the HGATR threads. In pretty much each and every one at least one ‘superfan’ comes out of the woodwork, cracks their knuckles and writes passionately, informatively and with some really nice personal touches (gigs that meant a lot) about why they love the band/music etc. Really great contributions.

Also, a lot of the humour on here is very quick, and manages to be funny without getting personal/at someone’s expense. And if it is…it’s done in a light hearted way.

21 Likes

Cricket threaders, NFL threaders, F1 threaders, all a GBOL.

The long threads (Great things, Terrible things, Cat thread, Annoying your partner) are all eminently re-readable too, summarise thread really pays off there. In fact someone should do a Threads Worth Summarising thread. Not me though, I’m lazy.

1 Like

Wrestling thread has been a great resource this year imho.

2 Likes

Yeah there are some very, very funny people here. I think that’s what keeps me coming back more than anything tbh, despite there being loads of other great things about the place.

3 Likes

N0t my finest hour, that. Or alternatively, it absolutely was.

1 Like

The people constantly sabotaging it were awful

4 Likes

:heart::skull:

1 Like

Didn’t intend that to be a Bret Hart Vs Austin thing but hey I’ll take it