Best of DiS: 2021

Justin di Rose

4 Likes

The day of mania that was “quickly men through the gift shop!”

13 Likes

When @urbanfox’s replacement tea got slagged.

3 Likes

This. That thread is like my therapy

2 Likes

phew - was a bit worried i’d missed a filthy thread for arsenal fans to get all sweaty in for a moment there!

1 Like

Another vote for pervo’s World Cup thread.

4 Likes

I get out far more than i put into this site but a lot has been great. I’ve learnt a lot and picked up some good recommendations across a wide spectrum of things…

The mental health thread in particular is such a safe and supportive place - thanks to everyone who goes in there. I lurk and like in the neurodiversity thread also so again, thanks to anyone who posts and is so open there.

The heavy thread, the ambient thread and the HGATR ones also have been great.

Any threads i haven’t mentioned i’m sorry, you were all (well, not all… @jordan_229 :wink: :smiley: ) great!

In a year full of downs it’s reassuring to know i can come on here and seek advice, vent, laugh at something, or get distracted and learn something, or just get distracted by inane shit :smiley:

Thanks all

7 Likes

Normally The Secret Santa opening thread is the undisputed highlight, but I reckon it was just pipped this year, and that @AutumnBeech waltzes off with this year’s crown for the Autumn Nature photo contest. Even if I could have finished higher if I’d have been a bit braver about taking photo’s whilst hanging onto the dog’s lead.

I didn’t think it was possible, but the dog thread has become even more of a mood lifter now I can add photo’s of Smudge.

4 Likes

This always has been and remains the absolute best thing about this place.

7 Likes

I would say that this has been a vintage year for poll based threadsmithing with particular props due to our colleagues @avocado and @Bamnan for the care, creativity and commitment they have shown to this particular genre of community content.

19 Likes

Autumn Challenge thread

The football threads during the Euros. The daily threads during tournaments are always great fun.

All the Sunday dinner threads. Apart from when @tilty kicked me while I was down after a dinner disaster.

3 Likes

Wahay!!

10 Likes

Not a thread but really enjoy the random weeks like #crispsweek, #katyperryweek and #schoolweek that crop up

5 Likes

Actually, the daily threads are something I really enjoy and look forward to. Quite like waking up and seeing a good natured mundane thread first thing rather than awful news stories or stressful tweets. Instead I’m like, ah, I hope everyone had a nice sleep last night, can’t wait to find out!

19 Likes

This is so true, used to start the day with the news, no wonder I’m so depressed. Starting the day with news of who’s at work and whose cat is being a dick and which county is currently foggy is way better

12 Likes

I like the local memes thread

4 Likes

Someone very kind sent me (and a lot of other people) beers, to the extent that Mrs CCB talks about it on an almost daily basis :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In terms of individual threads/posts, I don’t have much to what’s been added above. I was having a bit of a low point in the early summer, and I remember some really helpful posts from a few folk that helped me through. It’s more of the cumulative effect of a lot of very kind, supportive people x

3 Likes

Which one did she like best?

Which one is the gold beer? That one. I really liked the porter, which isn’t my usual choice but it was perfect for a Christmas night. They’ve been a lifesaver (no pun intended)

1 Like