Best Podcast EPISODES

Yeah like @Mert says it’s worth a go, some of the guests are brilliant. Loved the Wozniak one, love that he has a dog called Pamela. Assume there was an element of quid pro quo with Widdecombe, with Josh on the latest St Elwick newsletter one.

2 Likes
  • mostly listen to american podcasts
  • mostly listen to big british beefy podcasts (& I’ll allow Ireland if that helps)
  • third, cool option

0 voters

Ok I’ll give pocket casts a go
what are the best podcasts? Gonna unsubscribe from everything and start from scratch

Hardcore History with Dan Carlin. You do need 18 hours of one man talking about the Japanese role in WW2. Final episode was just shy of 6 hours. And amazingly compelling.

4 Likes

Find most Americans unbearable in podcast form for some reason

1 Like

oh maybe don’t listen to Staind Glass

1 Like

The Matthew Crosby and Ed Gamble Radio X show
Quickly Kevin

2 Likes

the podcasts where people are being unbearable on purpose are the best sort. especially hollywood handbook.

Blowback is by a long way the most compelling ‘episodic’ podcast I’ve ever listened to, probably full stop. I thought the first season was really good but they’ve knocked it out of the park with the new Cuba series. Production and music really elevates it.

3 Likes

St Elwicks
Beef and Dairy Network
Three Bean Salad

1 Like

Futile Attempts (At Surviving Tomorrow)

this was a v good episode, i was worried he was losing interest in St Elwicks so nice to have a proper full episode this time. nice to have Daniel Rigby’s character back as well

7 Likes

think the directors commentary one of this where they talk over the first episode may be better. Enhanced by Paul F Tomkins absolutely pissing himself every few minutes

does anyone here like leonora carrington? josie long did a nice little shortcuts on her just now

1 Like

Is it about her painting or her writing?

I like the hearing trumpet. Paintings good too from what I’ve seen

extracts from an interview she did alongside a bit of writing inspired by her painting and then an interview with one of her family and then a bit of music someone’s done. need to read some of her writing. i just like the paintings loads

Why has it been 2 years and I still can’t find this episode

1 Like

Listened to the Jack Dee Off Menu twice already. An all timer

1 Like

Also, Tim Key on the latest Moon Underwater podcast. Brilliant