Best Podcast EPISODES

I think Jimmy Bullard is mostly a prick but the series of podcasts with Rob Beckett interviewing former footballers is really good and a definite recommendation for football fans.

This particular episode with goalkeeper Graham Stack is very funny, must listen for any Arsenal fan

1 Like

Big fan of Dr Buckles.

Question: How much of his jingles (which are amazing) is him? The music side I mean. I know he basically uses Garageband, but is it all stock samples, or is he creating much of it?

Me too, I don’t have time to listen to anymore tonight. I’m actually looking forward to my morning slog to work!

Only listen to wrestling podcasts, OSW, New Gen, Attitude Era etc

this is the episode that got me into Chapo, Angela Nagle’s points on the alt-right etc. are incredibly illuminating

3 Likes

Yeah, that one is top drawer. Have you listened to any of the Grey Wolf Feed (their patreon ones for subscribers)? There’s an amazing dissection of Zack Snyder’s 300 in one of the most recent ones—well worth a listen if you like ‘regular Chapo’.

1 Like

Tried listening to a couple.the Bruce Prichard one is really good, most aren’t

That pizzagate one was interesting, mainly because I realised how little I knew about the exact path of how those outlandish accusations got made. The way the regular hosts explained it to their ‘boss’ added something again to it I think, like some kids trying to explain a current trend to their parents that even they’re embarrassed about.

Halfway through the Nanking one and it’s brutal so far, but fucking hell you have to struggle not to punch yourself in the ear the way he presents. Got sidetracked by S-Town, but will be going back to it once I’m done, a harrowing subject matter.

the body serve sharapova ban episode

1 Like

I really liked Revisionist History, with the most memorable EPISODE probably being ‘Carlos doesn’t remember’. So fucking sad. I hope he makes more.

1 Like

Russell Brand’s Under The Skin ‘Do we Really Want Change?’ it’s an interview with Adam Curtis and it’s GREAT

Yeah, i find that segment works really well. It’s one of the only ways to talk about some of the ridiculous and embarrassing aspects of the internet without sounding crazy, or trying to convince people they should care about something patently absurd.

Plus, you can identify with either the boss (as the ignorant, slightly above it all parent) or the two internet guys as smart-alecs but with the shame of wasting all their time on nonsense.

1 Like

Mm?

hardcore history is good but the episodes are looooong. although i love the series about world war 1, brings it to life in an intriguing way.

loved the intro, where he asks if you could show the guy who shot archduke franz ferdinand what that bullet would cost - 2 world wars, 2 nuclear bombings, millions dead, and basically the sum horror of the 20th century - is it likely he would have still pulled the trigger.

i’m the kind of geek who can sit and ponder that question for hours.

3 Likes

yep been a subscriber literally since I listened to the Angela Nagle episode :smiley:

300 one was indeed great, Patriot’s Day one was amazing as well and I haven’t even seen the film

1 Like

Fuck! That ruined a long run for me—I couldn’t breathe, their Wahlberg impressions…

I’ve been listening to the latest one on nuclear weapons, I quite like it, I usually find it’s quite easy to miss details on podcasts so the slightly slower pace and reiteration of themes is perfect for me.

1 Like

Yeah and i love the guy’s enthusiasm, his turn of phrase and the questions he raises.

You might like You Must Remember This, Hollywood history with all the scandal and sleaze that entails (I’m really into Hollywood history, think I might have been an LA private detective in a past life). Karina Longworth is such a great host. The series about the Manson murders is one of the best things I’ve heard so far this year. There’s also a great run about the blacklist and the current series Dead Blondes is super fascinating.

I am just listening to this episode, building up to it as I type… talking about the cruise ship & Craig Revel Horwood…

1 Like