Best restaurant near your house?

Mine’s probably Zaytoon. Just one mental Lebanese guy who only opens from 6-9:30ish. Basically proper hummous, grilled halloumi, olives, falafel, lambs livers, really mild on-the-bone meat, and massive bottles of Estrella. Probably about £22 a head for two courses and a couple of ales, brings it all over himself.

3 Likes

Singburi, probably.

Other highlights include Mora (Sardinian), Oven East (Turkish), and Yard Sale Pizza.

Probably L’Antica Pizzeria, which is supposed to be the best pizza in London

Or Rasa, a v good Indian place

Loads of other ones I can’t afford probably

This Japanese place is right around the corner and is fully amazing

http://www.azabujuban.com.au/

Their drinks selection is just great, e.g.

If you ever come to Melbourne @xylo you should check it out.

EDIT: I had
THE YAMAZAKI [NV]
BLENDED STRAWBERRY CHERRY WHITE PEACH W A TOUCH
OF COCONUT & A HINT OF CINNAMON ON A CLEAR FINISH
when I last visited

5 Likes

I just always go to Cookfellas. There are other restaurants that are supposed to be ok in town but it’s nice inside and I’ve never had a bad meal there so :man_shrugging:

Want to go for a restaurant meal now. Probably the #1 reason I wish I had friends.

1 Like

“Cookfellas” sounds like the ‘done with men’ lesbian dining experience of choice, tbh.

https://winchester.pi-pizza.co.uk

Nice pizza place.

that place is exceptional

1 Like

Haven’t actually been to the closest restaurant to my house (Bulrush) but it just got a Michelin star so I guess it must be OK. Closest I’ve been to that I like is Wilsons:

This is a few streets away, although we don’t go often as it’s too expensive.

There’s a really good Indian place just around the corner, family run, really poular. Decent prices, big portions, lots of veggie options (might sound like it should be a given for an Indian restaurant but you’d be surprised).

Fatto a Mano, pizza place round the corner in Hove, it does really good pizza and children eat free. We go a lot.

1 Like

No idea.

Don’t really know the local area yet, so the kebab van outside the Co-op is currently winning by default.

1 Like

Eat thai.

You can go there and eat thai.

Or the old fire engine house. Which, confusingly, is actually a restaurant.

Kia’s Pastaria
About 50m away. Massive bowls of very good pasta for not much money. Pretty much impossible to get a table on a weekend though.

Zaytoon guy (George?) Is always playing fusball in Man Bites Frog which he’s really good at and a bit obsessed with. Feel like he’d be open more if he could kick his 80s habit

Last week, I had a calzone from the Haymakers that was cold in the middle. (Was scared of complaining in case of a Gazpacho Soup Day incident). So, not that place.

1 Like

Cinta, or maybe The Old Bridge

Christ, probably Pizza Hut