Best Takeout Coffee

If this were the old days I’d do rounds and shit but blow that for a laugh.

Talk about takeaway coffee. What’s your fave. Chain places only or it gets a bit messy, but I’ll count like, two outlets as a chain.

• Starbucks
  • Costa
  • Caffe Nero
  • Black Sheep
  • Pret
  • McDonalds
  • Greggs
  • AMT coffee
  • Caffe Ritazza
  • Gail’s Bakery
  • Monmouth Coffee
  • Coco Di Mama
  • Other please list

0 voters

3 Likes

good thread. would read again.

3 Likes

Big fan of this thread

1 Like

Favourite edit

• The anonymous poll
  • Failed attempt to edit the anonymous poll
  • dsfsdfdsfdsfdsfds
  • The fixed poll
  • Something that has not yet happened

0 voters

We don’t get a fair few of these - imagine a lot won’t outside London.

Cafe Nero for me, won’t touch Costa unless desperate. Don’t mind Pret Americano for the price

3 Likes

Monmouth

Alright, London

8 Likes

People will come barging in saying I’m out of line or that I don’t know what I’m talking about, but the coffee places are all exactly the same.

4 Likes

Paul’s is pretty nice. At work we had Benugo cafes and their coffees were pretty good too!

Starbucks always has a particular smell that I really hate. And ever since someone said Costa tastes like burnt soil I’ve not been able to taste anything else!

as long as they’re in london, aye

6 Likes

Monmouth obviously the best out of that list, but pretty much never go there.

Out of the big chains, I dunno, they’re all shit. Pret filter coffee for 99p is decent enough. Would only get a latte or something from a wanky place, but even then quality is a total crapshoot.

It’s funny, I was talking about the Starbucks smell the other day. I actually like it, feels so familiar

If we are ranking them out of the big ones I would go

Nero
Starbucks
Pret

Costa

you’re out of line and you don’t know what you’re talking about

1 Like

Sorry I don’t have comprehensive knowledge of all coffee chains in the UK! That’s why the other is there :blush:

Also I’m still shocked that Nero is one of the lowest caffeinated coffees. Costa was highest I think out of the main ones along with Pret, and thinking about it they did used to get me going in the morning

If we’re doing regional chains that nobody else has ever heard of, as per the OP, then Coasters have two outlets in Kingsbridge and Dartmouth and they have nice coffee.

there was a lady who was nice to me at the Nero so that’s the best chain.

don’t think you can really compare monmouth with caffe nehru, etc.

nero for high street waz, black sheep or monmouth waz if i’m near them

pret’ll do though, the bare minimum

Naked Coffee in Bournemouth
They do absolutely huge flat whites, are right into their ethical stuff and that. The only thing I miss about the office.

Think BTP is the only chain from which I regularly buy coffee.

2 Likes

Miss working opposite the one in Bath and the manager being a good of friend of mine and getting free coffee and breakfast every day.