Best thing that's happened to you in 2017 so far

We’re happy with it! Although my number one option, Tabitha, was overruled.

Getting up some really steep hills in Yosemite and seeing some ridiculous views

3 Likes

I was heading into Winchester city centre along the Itchen Navigation early on Sunday morning, and just as I got to the entrance to St Catherine’s Hill, there was a gap in the trees and the sun was perfectly framed in the valley, really warm, couldn’t hear the M3 nearby, and not another soul in sight. Dunno what it was, but suddenly felt the happiest and most serene in quite some time. Mother Nature, eh? Great bunch of lad.

4 Likes

Took the longest direct flights I guess? (a 12 hour one and a 14 hour one)
Didn’t even bat an eyelid over them.

Other than that, I dunno. Nothing that hugely sticks out.

7 Likes

you live in New Cross right? Spices on Evelina Road is great. And probably said this before, but Reyna do amazing Lahmacun.

2 Likes

Copenhagen last week and my wife’s 30th birthday have been the standouts so far.

1 Like

I do, Reyna has been on the list to try for a while, maybe we’ll do it this weekend!

1 Like

yeah, definitely recommend. give you free tea if you get food to takeaway too.

1 Like

Cinnamon, between Brockley and New Cross, is hands down the best Indian takeaway I’ve ever had.

1 Like

Better than Babur!?

Haven’t Reyna taken lahmacun off the menu again?

Not had Babur. I can’t say it’s the best in the world or anything, just the best I’ve ever used. Will have to try Babur at some point, it’s been recommended to me loads, but I haven’t had the chance yet.

tossup between two weekends, one where some friends visited here and we went to the rugby then got high, and another where I went to London to see some friends and go to a Flaming Lips gig

basically, spending time with people I don’t get to see as much any more cause I live abroad. top times, top people

Seeing the look on my son’s face when we told him he had enough birthday money to buy

ANYTHING*

at the Lego store

*well, any given set anyway

11 Likes

Also, looking at the Babur menu, it looks delicious, but it isn’t what I’d call a “traditional” curry house. Cinnamon is pretty old school in terms of the menu, but the quality is just bang on.

1 Like

My manager’s said he’s going to try and get me a raise before September ish. Otherwise there’s been quite a lot of existential despair

2 Likes

I moved to Stockholm which has so far been pretty much the best decision I’ve ever made.

10 Likes

that’s a cat name right?

HB J_I’s W

1 Like