Best TV Live Performances

This thread is for particularly notable TV performances from bands, such as

Ty Segall And The Muggers on WGN
http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.html#pbid=5d88305d0c6c47eabc12e43063a41c69&ec=U0ODZwMTE6lka2Vp68_4QmkCACYL8IEx

Dan Deacon on NBC

Future Islands on Letterman

Odd Future on Jimmy Fallon

2 Likes

Can’t find that At The Drive In performance of One Armed Scissor from Jools Holland anywhere nowadays.

Still got Rolodex Propaganda though.

4 Likes

yep, i thought of that immediately too! got it on a dvd somewhere…

1 Like

tough to choose just one but these spring to mind:
american tv: - YouTube
honourable mention: - YouTube
english tv: - YouTube
honourable mention (end): TAFKAP aka Prince in 1995 interview and live song on the BBC - YouTube

and this that has a tonne of gold standard, crazy amazing moments: - YouTube

i’m gonna miss this dude. :frowning: r.i.p. <+)o

1 Like

yeah some Jools Holland got took down, including “tinsletown in the rain” , which is my favourite performance

Looks like they wanna host it all themselves, which isn’t entirely unreasonable.

2 Likes

Oh great. Yeah for sure. That’s me fave anyway!

2 Likes

Janelle monae doing tightrope on letterman obvs. HIGH QUALITY Janelle Monáe - Tightrope (on David Letterman) HD 1080p 720p - YouTube

6 Likes

Here it is with extra pixels http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x42l0l_at-the-drive-in-one-armed-scissor-l_music

2 Likes

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

I also really like this version of Rest Will Follow by Trail of Dead,

6 Likes

You reminding me of that incredible JSBX vid alone makes this thread worthwhile

1 Like

Yer man

3 Likes

glad I could be of service

1 Like

This is pretty great. Not only is it Del and Dinosaur Jr, but Mike D is on drums and Mike Watt is playing bass:

7 Likes

Love this - hilarious. Only PSB could get gold cricket bats on TOTP. And Chris Lowe dancing behind a giant blue egg…

5 Likes

Tindersticks: Talk to me on Jools (with a string ensemble)…Youtube it. Makes me want to throw things across the room.

what genius at MTV thought this would end well?

extra props for the angry security guys you can see running around in the outside shots at the end, and the fucking mad youtube comment thread.

3 Likes

Always love the interaction and music in this…

1 Like

and the lyrical flow of this…

3 Likes

The guitar is this is the basis for all Indie to follow. (The Smiths et al)…

1 Like