Best urban wildlife (poll)

I live in the country (comparatively) so I probably don’t count but my mum has run over a badger (because she was distracted by me doing an incredible Kate Bush impression while we were listening to Wuthering Heights) and a deer (on her birthday), we called some kind of authority but sadly it was too late

Sorry this isn’t particularly on topic but the thread made me think of it.

Squirrels are great although my first kiss happened because my weird sixth form boyfriend was like LOOK A SQUIRREL so i turned around to watch it and turned back to enthuse about the squirrel and he launched himself at me so yeah. Not quite how I imagined it

3 Likes

would have been a demi, but a good chunk of it

grew up in the country, only time i ever saw badgers were when they were dead and squashed in the road. remember one lying there for a good 2 weeks or so before someone disposed of it

1 Like

Don’t like foxes. Really fucking noisy. Also, one got into my house once and shat on the carpet. 'Orrible creatures.

All this talk about dead animals is making me want to see if Nick Hewer has posted any new dead animal content. Shouldn’t be funny but the way he phrases things just destroys me

2 Likes

This. That awful shrieking sound they make as a mating call, can’t believe anyone who have ever heard it or been woken up in the middle of the night as a result would ever choose the fox as their favourite urban animal.

Just the worst. Especially over the summer when you’ve got windows open. Way too ballsy too.

Wood pigeons are alright by me. Often watch a pair of them sitting in a tree together on the same branch quite often, or maybe they’re watching us through our window.
Saw one with a twig in its beak this week, it flew into a large bush with. Not sure if they’ve now split up and one of them has moved out to make a new home.

Edit, just went to have a look outside and yep, they’re still together…

2 Likes

Saw the first animal on earth at Kings Cross just a couple of weeks back. True fact.

Yeah I’ve seen a dead badger on the tracks at Crystal Palace station.

But still hedgehogs are better.

4 Likes

I just made a noise only bats can hear! Squee! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Which sicko voted for wasps?!?

3 Likes

I’ve only ever seen dead badgers :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Cute tiny mouse!!!

4 Likes

Doors 7pm
£5/ £4 NUS

1 Like

no bats or magpies so pretty shit “poll”

Cheers