Best Way to cook sausages

• Grill
  • Frying Pan
  • Oven
  • Some strange method that might include a parboiling phase or other such culinary disgraces

0 voters

GF.

I’m torn between oven and grill. Went for grill on the poll because it’s a bit quicker and produces a better looking sausage than oven and seems to go a bit better on your brekkie or sausage sarnie.
Providing you’re sensible and line your grill pan with foil, it’s easier to clean up after than ovening too.

Obviously depends on what you’re using your sausage for though - casserole or toad in hole and you’re going to oven in, naturalmente

1 Like

Good choice. Fully fucked this now

My former housemate didn’t understand hob temperatures. Always had the frying pan on full blast, burning sausages and setting the alarm off every Saturday at 9am.

However, I like to fry cos you can do that delicious thing where you cut it in half and fry the middle.

ALWAYS FRY SAUSAGES ON A LOW HEAT!!!

Sausage butty

• Sausage and egg
  • Just sausage
  • Sausage and bacon (monsters)

0 voters

toasted

Le grille

2 Likes

I like mine medium rare.*

*I really don’t - I’m not a monster.

Im gonna have a sausage and egg sarnie

2 Likes

One of my current housemates is like this. The hob is either on or off, proper binary thinking.

Absolutely does my nut in.

1 Like

you monster

oven’s obviously the best. the annoyance of it taking longer is offset by it taking the least amount of effort involved.

does that sentence even make sense who cares

3 Likes

You get more surface area of fried sausage. Surely the aim of brekki is as much fry as possible?

The initial laziness is offset by the extra difficulty of cleaning up the mess afterwards though.

Brown them off

2 Likes

Oven pan with parchment paper or tin foil. Hardly much more cleaning them washing a pan.

If you want to make it even simpler get a ceramic oven dish even easier to clean.

hahahaha nobody cooks sausages in the oven

1 Like

In a casserole, obvs.