Best Zelda game?

A Link to The Past, OOT, Majora’s Mask, the new one??

OoT for me, not played BotW yet though.

Majora’s Mask for me. love the mythology of that game so much, and the sheer horror aspect to it too. the time mechanic is pretty unique as well. I’m replaying it at the moment, and came across this series of blogposts about the metaphysical and philosophical questions it poses:

https://withaterriblefate.com/legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-nintendo-2000/

It’s BOTW mate.

My brother had a proper fit at me yesterday for saying Breath Of The Wild isn’t my favourite.

This is how I’m looking at it so far (not finished BotW)

1. A Link Between Worlds
  2. Ocarina Of Time
  3. The Wind Waker
  4. Breath Of The Wild
  5. Link’s Awakening

Ocarina of Time = Breath of the Wild >>>>>>>>>>> link to the past > Majoras Mask > Wind Waker > Twilight Princess >>>>>> Minish Cap > Phantom Hourglass > Link’s Awakening > Oracle of Ages/Seasons >>>>> Zelda II

Only counting ones I’ve played

I’d say Majora’s Mask is probably the most intelligent and impressive one, but I can’t put it in my top 5 because of how fucking obtuse it is at times and how much repetition there is. I prefer a more relaxed atmosphere.

WHY
ISNT
THIS
A
POLL

Ocarina > Twilight Princess > Majora > Link to the Past > Links Awakening > Zelda 1 > Zelda 2 > Minish Cap > Windwaker > Skyward Sword

Didn’t really like the look of the graphics on A Link Between Worlds. Would still like to play it, but won’t be buying a 3DS. Hoping they reissue it on the Switch eventually… not holding my breath though.

Majora’s Mask is one of the cleverest concepts in a videogame I’ve ever seen, and it’s so artfully executed.
The rest of them are just swords and stuff.

The Legend of Zelda: Myth of Sisyphus

cwbaft

Would be nice to see Nintendo do something like Majora’s Mask on the Switch. Admit that they’re not going to make another full Zelda title before the end of its lifespan (clearly won’t happen) and instead make a creative spinoff using the same engine.

• The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • A Link to the Past
  • Link’s Awakening
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Majora’s Mask
  • Oracle of Seasons
  • Oracle of Ages
  • The Wind Waker
  • Four Swords Adventures
  • The Minish Cap
  • Twilight Princess
  • Skyward Sword
  • Phantom Hourglass
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Breath of the Wild
  • swords and stuff

0 voters

It looks a bit naff, but plays very nicely.

That said, leaving aside Breath of the Wild (as I’ve not played it yet), the correct answer to the original post is Link’s Awakening.

so indie. ooh look at me i prefer the zelda game that doesn’t even have zelda or the triforce in it.

I find it hard to remember how much I loved Ocarina back when I played it, 5 years after it came out. I’d played lots of PS2 games by then but it was still pretty bloody great. So I get why people love it so much.

68 hours into BOTW and suspect it may go top. Otherwise my list is:

Wind Waker HD < Ocarina of Time < Skyward Sword < Twilight Princess

Not played the others…

I guess the real question is

• Link: The Faces Of Evil
  • Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon

0 voters

This is why Link doeesn’t talk btw

What is pretty amazing about this series is that I’ve listened to various podcasts, read multiple lists, seen a lot of posts about this series and there in no consensus on this matter. That’s pretty nuts. And admirable that they try and reinvent it every so often.