Better Call Saul (Rolling)

Nah no way, so you reckon they’ll be fully up to the start of BB in the next three episodes?

There’s only three left? I thought there were 13 episodes a season? :disappointed:

nah it’s been 10 per season up to this point

Balls

How far are we off the events of this timeline intersecting with Walter getting involved and the start of BB? Can’t be far off surely - maybe it’ll be referenced in the finale?

I don’t know if original characters in prequels really works a lot of the time because of, y’know actors aging and cameras improving, etc. Know it’s just fiction, but my brain doesn’t always compute it.

Few EPs behind but Kim is starting to annoy me. I don’t buy that someone that career driven would make the sacrifices and fraudulent stuff that Jimmy is having her get up to.

Nah, it’s seductive to her. She’s always been so straight-laced and instinctively “above board” that for her to have this easily available access to danger and underhandedness is exciting but in a way that allows her to think she’s keeping it at arm’s length. It’s such a wonderful internal conflict and she plays it with such nuance. She’s one of my favourite characters of all time and her performance deserves to be spoken about alongside the greats.

5 Likes

Would love it if it was done really low-key, like we just get a throwaway line in the finale from Hank saying he’s off to his brother-in-law’s birthday party

1 Like

A podcast I listen to suggested we’re still about four years off from the start of BB.

They could be wrong mind you.

I can feel a montage coming on soon

Paper calendar things flying off and spinning about

7 Likes

Fuck knows.

Ep 8

Please let Kim get away somehow, please please.

1 Like

Nah she’s signed her own death warrant going to the prison. I think I would quite like it if Jimmy think’s she got away but, she hasn’t and she is actually dead and Jimmy doesn’t find out until the end.

2 Likes

yeah they both fucked it, sadly.

I’m hanging on to the idea that Mike will get her out in some kind of unification of their story lines. Long shot though :sob:

His plan at the end was showing him finding some strength after Mike talked about doing it for his family, as if Jimmy should be thinking of Kim. He’ll end up doing something to get her out of trouble I think. Her life will be ruined but I don’t think it fits the tone of the show to have her die then have Saul be like he is in BB. They have never made him seem that terrible a person, in either show.

1 Like

Great episode. Closest to Breaking Bad so far in tone, style, tension.

Weird that it can make you feel so tense in a prequel where you know the characters involved survive. I suppose that’s no different to the usual thing knowing they’re not killing off central characters.

9 Likes

Generally ok with this, but Lydia stuck out the most by a mile to my eyes.