Better Call Saul (Rolling)

Found the latest episode another filler but it’s going to get really sad in the second half of the season isn’t it. Also at a loss to how Lalo knew to go to Germany to meet with the wife of the head miner fella?

1 Like

Yeah, we’d forgotten about all that, good summary here:

WHAT HAPPENED TO WERNER ZIEGLER AND WHY IS LALO INTERESTED IN HIM?

Werner Zielger and his team of German engineers were hired by Gus Fring to construct his secret superlab in season 4 of Better Call Saul.

The job required Werner and his team to live in secret and away from their families for months and as time wore on, they began to grow restless eventually leading Werner to sneak out of the facility and arrange to meet his wife Margarethe.

Lalo Salamanca had been scouting out Gus Fring’s dealings and noted the panic following Werner’s disappearance and began tailing Mike as he frantically searched for Ziegler.

Mike managed to lose Lalo and eventually tracked Werner down, reluctantly killing him for breaking protocol and threatening the secrecy of his work.

Despite losing Mike, the wily Lalo Salamanca tracked back to the Travel Wire where Werner had picked up some money sent by his wife and Lalo managed to find Werner’s contact details, even calling the architect and learning a few scant details about Gus’s plans.

3 Likes

Enjoyed this detail someone on AV Club pointed out: the clock Kim looks at is at 3:17, which read upside down says LIE:

1 Like

Fascinated by the layout and logistics of Fring’s house.

2 Likes

Watched the first couple of episodes of series one last night and I swear I’d forgotten all of it

Wonder if it’s the Howard storyline that could be the thread that leads to Kim’s conclusion?

Just out of interest why do people think Tuco needs to make another appearance? Surely his story arc could just be implicit from here?

Really hope she just opens an alpaca farm a couple of miles away and just stops taking anyone’s calls.

7 Likes

It could, for sure, but I think a lot of people are just going to find it more satisfying if all the threads are put into place by the end, especially as the hint about him being released soon has already been dropped.

Don’t think he necessarily needs much other than to turn up for a few minutes meeting Don Hector to satisfy people on that front mind.

2 Likes

Tyco: “Hey, Don Hector! How’s it going chief!”
ding
Tyco: I heard you had a rough time with that Varga kid. Should have relied on the family, innit.
ding
Tuco: So anyway, now I’m back, let’s get back to it, yeah?
ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

Scene

2 Likes

The bit in Germany was well good. The chemistry between Lalo and Werner’s widow!!! Brilliant stuff

7 Likes

Introducing a character and building enough of a real person that you feel anxiety for their fate in the space of about two minutes of screen-time is incredible.

9 Likes

Yeah she was so charming!

1 Like

I thought this as well. Absolutely brilliant telly. Dalton’s portrayal of Lalo is exceptional. One of the great modern TV characters. Menacing as fuck.

8 Likes

Someone’s about to post the clip of him jumping on the car again now aren’t they.

2 Likes

There’s a something about how his smile and the twinkle in his eye is basically the same regardless of whether he’s in ultra charm mode or about to cut your balls off with a rusty saw blade.

3 Likes

11 Likes

An episode behind still so not going to read the thread, but ep4 with Jimmy cosplaying as Howard was the funniest.

1 Like

When are they going to get to the Destroying Howard Factory?!

1 Like

Exclusive dialogue from the last minute of the next episode:

”Ok Kim, so we’re now 30 seconds from deploying the plan. Let’s go.”

1 Like