Better Call Saul (Rolling)

Tyco: “Hey, Don Hector! How’s it going chief!”
ding
Tyco: I heard you had a rough time with that Varga kid. Should have relied on the family, innit.
ding
Tuco: So anyway, now I’m back, let’s get back to it, yeah?
ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

Scene

2 Likes

The bit in Germany was well good. The chemistry between Lalo and Werner’s widow!!! Brilliant stuff

7 Likes

Introducing a character and building enough of a real person that you feel anxiety for their fate in the space of about two minutes of screen-time is incredible.

8 Likes

Yeah she was so charming!

1 Like

I thought this as well. Absolutely brilliant telly. Dalton’s portrayal of Lalo is exceptional. One of the great modern TV characters. Menacing as fuck.

7 Likes

Someone’s about to post the clip of him jumping on the car again now aren’t they.

2 Likes

There’s a something about how his smile and the twinkle in his eye is basically the same regardless of whether he’s in ultra charm mode or about to cut your balls off with a rusty saw blade.

2 Likes

10 Likes

An episode behind still so not going to read the thread, but ep4 with Jimmy cosplaying as Howard was the funniest.

When are they going to get to the Destroying Howard Factory?!

Exclusive dialogue from the last minute of the next episode:

”Ok Kim, so we’re now 30 seconds from deploying the plan. Let’s go.”

1 Like

Pretty boring ep saved by the telescope scene <3 and as always Lalo

1 Like

God, that moment at the end was v heartbreaking to me

2 Likes

True. But a weird episode. Pacing felt a bit off

I’m loving the pacing, personally. Not rushing a damn thing.

No I’m happy with a slow burn as well it just felt a bit off today in this episode. They were moving a few pieces around and so I’m not sure it really earned the dramatic cliffhanger/turnaround when the stakes are still a bit unclear

That’s one of the best episodes for me. Loved it. The scenes with the vet, Mike on the phone, even just Howard getting dressed. Just beautiful TV. Felt like a bit of a breakwater episode, dunno, sort of dreamlike and a bit playful on the whole.

4 Likes

Fuck. FUCK.

Forgot about the mid-season break and now have to wait for 7 weeks

6 Likes

Wasn’t expecting that ending absolutely brilliant slow burn that

Still don’t know how this will end

1 Like

wish I had not read (loads of) spoilers for this