Better Call Saul (Rolling)

Ah right sorry thought you were specifically talking about the BCS finale

That did spur my thoughts on the matter yes. I donā€™t think anything else in the BB/BCS run really would have you examine what the police do, beyond some bits of s1. and maybe Mike being a dirty cop. And probably other things.

Hankā€™s quite an interesting character, imho. A casually racist, ignorant, pretty toxic, at times corrupt, all-American narc, yet somehow the moral compass of the show. Simultaneously likeable, but a massive douchebag.

I sort of thought the bloke was a bit of a cunt.

6 Likes

Think BB/BCS generally has a pretty high view of cops and a very low opinion of drug users and is fairly conservative in itā€™s moral outlook

1 Like

Haha into s2 and Hank has just texted a photo of two dead bodies to Walt for plot reasons. What a great guy!

Suppose itā€™s quite realistic

Iā€™m sure I read somewhere that they had to change Hankā€™s character at some point when maybe he got into the shootout with the twins cause they realised they had made him too much of an arsehole towards Walt.

Always thought of him as basically being an older version of Herc from the Wire

6 Likes

In the early episodes he basically just exists to emasculate Walt.

1 Like

I am a man of my word

19 Likes

(Fucking delicious. Very glad there arenā€™t any near me or Iā€™d be in real troubleā€¦)

2 Likes

Breaking Bad s5 ep6 has a reference to Miracle Whip - Hank isnā€™t fond of it :smile:

Rewatching Breaking Bad and I think I am enjoying the Ted Beneke plot more than ever.

Now I have had a job that involves handling invoices and billing, I fully relate to Skylerā€™s hell going through the cooked books.

So think I will have to watch this - stopped after S2 originally

• Start from the beginning
  • Summaries of S1 and 2 will be fine, then jump straight to S3

0 voters

Awww, you guys

22 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a bit disturbing isnā€™t it.

1 Like

Absolute lads

2 Likes

Feel like ol Slippin Jimmy would tacitly approve of bootleg action figures

1 Like

Really want that.

1 Like

Chuck McGill ā€œWhat A Sick Joke!ā€ Action Figure Playset

1 Like

Just finished it. Thought the shot of the time travel book at the end was cringy.

Great show overall though.