BFI Flare London LGBTIQ+ Film Festival 2020

Couldn’t see a thread

https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/flare/Online/default.asp

19 films on my longlist so need to work on that over the weekend. Very excited for the Showgirls shade along with Baby Lame!

2 Likes

Program booklet has arrived. A quick read through reveals several films that already played at the LFF back in October.

Booking (for the general public) doesn’t open until next Thursday so plenty of time to peruse.

Like an old bloke with a copy of the Radio Times I’ve flicked through the programme just now and have circled six films that I’ll try and get tickets for.

Bollocks. Ellie & Abbie sold out on Wednesday 25th. That was my second choice to see there. Went for Two Of Us that evening instead.

Is Ellie & Abbie on your list?

Assume this isn’t going to go ahead…

The capacity of NFT1 (the biggest screen) is 450, so if mass gatherings are defined as 500 people or more they wouldn’t have to cancel.

On Friday the BFI was sending out emails saying they are going ahead as planned with the festival.

Cancelled

That’s a shame.

Shame! Some international festivals (including a couple up here) are going ahead with all-digital screenings which is great, but won’t work for everyone I suppose.