Big Faux Pas Thread

Once was talking to a colleague at my last job. She starts saying something like ‘Oh, I had to go and collect Morrissey from a friend’s house last night which was why I missed the meeting’ or some shit, and I go ‘Oh, is Morrissey a cat or a dog?’, and she goes ‘no, thats my son’.

:upside_down_face::rofl::grimacing:

25 Likes

I thought you meant miserable bigot Morrissey then.

3 Likes
6 Likes

superb.

1 Like

Once accidentally printed out a really horrible and pervy email for a well known radio presenter to read live on air when I was doing an internship at a radio station.

1 Like

2 Likes

Could’ve been worse. Could’ve been “muggles”.

1 Like

is the kid actually called Morrissey or was she joking because her son is a miserable bastard?

4 Likes

i thought this too, but then thought maybe they called him Morris at home or something.

nah, definitely morrissey. came up a lot afterwards.

that’s weird must have been some kind of subconscious association and urge you had to do that

1 Like

that’s gross

also like if you name your child after a specific famous person, you’re going to give them an inferiority complex right? There’s very little chance they will achieve the same “success” or social status as that person

Dunno man. Would consider calling my son say, Elvis over Morrissey. Depends on the celeb

1 Like

Isn’t Elvis a fairly normal name in some countries though?

maybe his full name is Morris E. Child

7 Likes

I think it’s because my brain hates me.

1 Like

I was served by Elvis when shopping at Sainsburys in Muswell Hill recently.

Woah… and I spoke to him when I phoned British Gas’s customer services just last week. Nice to know he’s got a few sidehustles going on in case the singing never really takes off.

2 Likes

Yeah, I did something extremely similar which I literally cannot bring myself to share the details of. I typed it out just now and I can’t post it because it makes me turn inside-out with shame. Nothing quite like bringing someone you know’s terrifying trauma back to the surface by being a mega-plank.

2 Likes