Big gaps in the music you’ve listened to (genres or artists I guess)

Cracking cheers.

I did a reggae playlist for work that you might like some of. Some classic roots, quite a bit of dancehall, plus UK contemporary and a big old helping of dub:

edit: so has @hesastopsiiiiign, I see. That’l teach me to read the entire thread before posting (it won’t)

3 Likes

More the merrier.

1 Like

Seconded!

Jazz - I love a lot of jazzy music, but can’t really stand jazz otherwise so I’ve never listened to a jazz album. Not pressed to do so, but could be something I end up diving into when I’m older.

Pop - I’m fairly knowledgeable with pop from when I was growing up, mostly 80s and early 90s, but have done a good job ignoring a lot of pop music since then.

Classic Country - I spent a lot of my formative years in Texas, being subjected to tons of pop country and absolutely hated it, so I just thought I hated country. Eventually realized I like some country rock from the likes of The Byrds and Rolling Stones, as well as country-tinged indie stuff like Band of Horses and a few tracks from The Shins and Pavement as examples. I think there’s room for some classic country in me, and probably more country rock actually.

Motown - I heard a lot growing up, my mom used to play oldies and got those tape collections you’d see advertised on TV. Haven’t checked out any albums except for a few early ones from Stevie Wonder. Could stand to hear more, although albums maybe aren’t the best format for this stuff.

That’s it for now, though clearly there are other gaps. Less obvious or I really don’t want to bother with. Like black metal.

1 Like