Big pharma

Makes me think of ‘big farmer’, which is an amusing image to me, and also quite scary.

9 Likes

Every time I hear or read ‘Big Thief’ it makes me think of a giant dressed like Burglar Bill.

2 Likes

Massive Milkman

7 Likes

Little pharma, cardboard box

2 Likes

You have big sheds, but nobody’s allowed in. And inside these big sheds are twenty-foot-high chickens, because of all the chemicals you’ve put in 'em, and these chickens are scared! They don’t know why they’re so big! They go “Oh, why am I so massive?” And they’re looking down at all the other little chickens and they think they’re in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small.

9 Likes

Thanks to this hell website my phone thinks that the most likely word to follow Big is Water.

5 Likes

was bored on a train journey recently and read a Guardian longread about the battle between the paper towel and hand dryer industries that unironically used the phrase Big Towel throughout, was great fun

5 Likes

Is there much little pharma about? Like little cottage industries creating a new aspirin or something.

Yeah.

aspiring aspirin?

Hi! waves

2 Likes

Yes. There’s biotech companies out there was only a dozen staff.

In fact that’s how a lot of drugs start out. Compound is discovered in a university, it gets spun out into a biotech company who do the initial clinical trials - whole company gets bought by a big pharma.

2 Likes

I suppose on the subject:

Anyone done any medical trials? I signed up and did the medical but I’ve never had the balls to actually do a trial. One sent through to me the other day offering £7.5k… Would sort the house out.

Yes I did a vaccine study once. Got a flu like illness but survived. I’d be very careful about which ones I signed up for in future and really look at the risk profiles. Feel free to run any by me if there’s any specific ones you’re thinking about (trials are my job)

1 Like

I’m literally doing some work (that I can’t say anything more about) for a big pharma company right now, this very morning! In fact, I should be doing it instead of posting this. Here’s my favourite picture on the topic.

1 Like

i work for big pharma big time big baby.

1 Like

One thing I have learned through doing a lot of work for big pharma is that doctors are actually very funny

Think it’d be really fun to work for a generics company and spending literally all of your time trying to knock out big pharma patents.

Except it would also be extremely boring.

Fuck you