Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, The Julie Ruin and all things Kathleen Hanna

Jawbreaker then BIkini Kill at Brixton Academy… what year is this :smile:

1 Like

How comes?

Argh need to find someone with O2 priority discount :grimacing:

I HAVE TO BE AT THIS GIG

£7 fees each ticket in the pre sale FFS (did it anyway urgh)

Yeah. Mine cost £43.

No one I know has o2 priority :sob:

Just got four tickets :sunglasses:

Now bankrupt :grimacing:

When punk bands have mortgages to pay pt. 373876

1 Like

I got mine via mate’s presale as I’m a big fan and didn’t want to take the chance.

I don’t think it’ll sell out and definitely not quickly. I saw The Julie Ruin at The Electric Ballroom and The Koko relatively recently and Le Tigre many years ago. If you’re a fan you’ll see her no matter which band she’s in. I can’t see many people being put off that it was The Julie Ruin/Le Tigre and similarly can’t see a huge bunch of people who’d only see her if she was in Bikini Kill.

Having said that, that looks like their only UK date and not a UK tour. Many people may come over to that there London for it.

1 Like

Yeah, I think they’ll sell it out. They’re a big name – they have a bunch of fans from back in the day who’d kill to see them and if this is the only UK show they’ll get people travelling for it.

They’ve been namechecked in pretty much every single piece on feminism and women in music over the past few years, as well as in documentaries and stuff. They’ll have picked up a lot of new fans while they’ve been away.

1 Like

omg, are you sure? I can send you the money today, like. And you would have my eternal gratitude obv!

1 Like

Yeah, this. Doubt they would have racked up the physical sales of some other bands playing Brixton but the blogging, steaming and downloading in recent years will have attracted a whole new audience. As a relevant and influential band in music today, can see there being a lot of interest across a broad range of ages.

Stall standing please, you are a DIAMOND! Message me your paypal details and I’ll pay you in a bit!

THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

how many are you able to get? :smiley:

could I grab both? would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

omg you are an actual angel and completely right about tlj xxx

2 Likes

all good, got paid today innit, would prefer stalls if they come up but if it’s only seating will make do :slight_smile:

1 Like

sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

no bother!

1 Like

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Also if it’s does sell out inmediiately (which I’m not sure if it will) there’s always people selling closer to the time x

1 Like