Bill Callahan / Smog discussion thread

His voice does seem to contain whole worlds doesn’t it?

2 Likes
1 Like

London date too

Can’t believe how hard it is to find tour details in the year of our lord 2022 but there are Manchester and Bristol dates too (Albert Hall and SWX respectively).

1 Like

Gonna be all over this on Friday. Perfect venue for him I reckon. Hope they don’t fuck about and move it to the Irish centre or stylus due to demand.

Tues 11/1/22 SWX Bristol United Kingdom
An evening with Bill Callahan

Weds 11/2/22 Roundhouse London United Kingdom

Thurs 11/3/22 Brudenell Social Club Leeds United Kingdom

Fri 11/5/22 Queen Margaret Union (QMU) Glasgow Scotland United Kingdom

Sat 11/6/22 Albert Hall Manchester United Kingdom

2 Likes

Same night as Kendrick ffs.

Kinda tempted to see if I can switch to see Kendrick at another venue given all the arenas he’s doing will be fairly interchangeable, whereas Bill at the Brude will be something special (watch them upgrade it once I do this)

2 Likes

Will go to Roundhouse because that’s nearest to me and easiest travel, but damn that Brudenell show is definitely going to be a special one.

Albert Hall on a saturday it is then

1 Like

Pretty rare Albert Hall will feel like a downgrade on another venue on the tour tbf.

Ireland please Bill

1 Like

I’d say Foggy Notions are all over it.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

Hope its gonna be a good one. Feel like 2009 wa speak bill gigging for me, seen him a few times since and been quite bored. And yet, I’ll almost certainly go to this

Hmm

https://www.ents24.com/latest/bill-callahan-smog-announced-5-new-events/3259670%2C3259674%2C3259676%2C3259678%2C3259764/76888

Tickets for 4 of these will go on sale friday.

Wonder which one doesn’t and why and when

Feel like having Jim White in the band is very promising tbh

6 Likes

Dependent upon demand, the 4th is free to add a second night at the Brudenell like Low - assuming that the Brudenell hasn’t got something else on.

Absolutely gutted it clashes with Kendrick.

Clashes with Italy/autechre for me

:sweat:

Big game

7 Likes

Thinking about it, this looks likely to me: the 4th is the only gap in the tour and the Brude is notably smaller than the other venues. Last time I saw him in Leeds it was at the Irish Centre and he’s not toured in ages so they know demand is going to be high.