The Smashing Pumpkins - Rage against the Machina

I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen footage of Billy recording Teargarden, but it’s burned into my mind that he was wearing a hat throughout.

1 Like

I always forget how cringey this video is. The album is fine

1 Like

There are plenty of albums where general appreciation has cooled in retrospect, this isn’t another part of the anti-Billy conspiracy

2 Likes

Cant quite believe they messed up so bad on this record? Isn’t Rick rubin meant to be like some quality assurance guru?

This record is so poor ughhhh

1 Like

probably better than MC&TIS tbh, great record

That can be true, but it felt immediate and more of a “LOL, Zwan, am I right?” than any actual assessment of the music itself.

Don’t really know what kind of track record the guy has generally but would you trust the guy who was behind the desk for Make Believe?

Myth Rubin!

I feel like a broken record, but I genuinely don’t understand the hatred that The Future Embrace and this period in general receive. The melodies, the atmosphere, the songwriting - they’re all there. The warbly electro-shoegaze sound is fantastic.

1 Like

I prefer TFE to Adore ( and everything post-Machina II). It’s a great album

1 Like

what is with the annoying child

He seems to enjoy sabotaging his own releases in this way. In his Instagram Q&As it felt like he spent more time talking up his next solo album (which isn’t even finished yet) than he did promoting the new SP record.

1 Like

cold

2 Likes

18 Likes

I can’t believe you’ve done this

5 Likes

Bought future embrace cd the other day (can’t find it anywhere digital), seems pretty good

2 Likes

Rocket randomly popped in my head today - what an amazing and underrated song. It’s so unconventionally constructed, especially for a single, and the lead work is phenomenal. It’s one of those special ones where the music itself doesn’t necessarily belong to a specific emotion, but when the many components are assembled (and I do mean many - so many parts are effortlessly joined together in its 4 minutes) and combined with the lyrics, something magical happens and it bursts with pretty much every feeling there is simultaneously.

3 Likes

That headline is clearly from The Onion.

I am listening to it now to find out. 32 mins and 9 songs - I am already feeling warmly disposed to it.

I mean your comment about water implies you’re thinking of tidal forces, which drop off as x/r³ because they are a factor of gravitational forces, which drop off x/r². Anyway the point is that the forces generated by stars are so minuscule as to be unimportant.

1 Like

I was enjoying it until Run2me. What is this shit?

1 Like