The Smashing Pumpkins - Rage against the Machina

how’d you mean?
p.s merge the two threads plz

This really isn’t true, as ttf pointed out. I forget if it’s this thread or the other thread where it was discussed, but 95% of Machina’s harshest critics are people who haven’t heard Machina. I get that, “Pfff, Machina? Really? You’re going to defend that?” so often by people who haven’t heard a single second of music from the album (and they use that fact as some kind of badge for why they’re more qualified to speak on the subject). It’s one of those cases where a strong anti-Corgan sentiment had developed and the album is wrongly considered a punchline. Honestly, I think the only thing separating it from the other albums is their place in the spotlight at the time. It’s just as good.

If David Bowie had released it, it would be considered a classic and almost universally praised by the people who are most vocal in bashing it. I have zero doubts about this.

They’re different threads. It’s just you guys trying to drag them down with exteme hot takes :wink:

Also I meant that it shows their heart wasn’t really in their trolling of you

1 Like

i dunno, it was a pretty obvious bait that he knew he was going to get a reaction from

1 Like

Minimum effort for maximum debate. All about the efficiency baby.

4 Likes

I mean when I was in a band I always lived in hope that one day we’d receive the ultimate accolade of

more consistent than nirvana

:grin:

1 Like

what is the question?

Are Smashing Pumpkins better than Nirvana

2 Likes

Oh right!

I remember now

Yes

Can we finally close this thread?

absolutely not

I don’t think so. I mean I can close it with the definitive answer that Nirvana were better than all their contemporaries and a bunch of other bands too if you like?

They aren’t even contemporaries though. One is Grunge rock and the other is Dream Pop/Psychedelia

Nirvana are better than their contemporaries I’ll give you that because Pearl Jam & Soundgarden are shit

2 Likes

uh oh…

I’ve changed my mind

Keep this thread open

@1101010 SHUT UR INCORRECT PIE HOLE
@TKC That Kid Cudi Album is shit
@thread Washing Machine is the BEST Sonic Youth Album
@thread Rachel Stevens second album is severerly underrated and never made a third because you assholes forgot to buy it because you were too busy wanking over Razorlights debut and LOOK WHERE THAT GOT U

3 Likes

who is Rachel Stevens

The one every one fancied from S-Club 7

2 Likes

It bloody isnt

4 Likes

oh right… what?