#BinWeek

Luckily, the fact that my Sunday night (previous bin-putting-out night) is Thursday (new putting-out night) has made for a smoother transition, but still.

1 Like

corrected your spelling :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve spent eight hours a day in various bin stores lately. although that has sadly come to an end

What time do your bins usually get taken?
  • 5-6
  • 6-7
  • 7-8
  • 8-9
  • 9-10
  • 10-11
  • 11-12
  • 12-13
  • 13-14
  • 14-15
  • 15-16
  • 16-17

0 voters

Different bins different times

That’s not routine enough. Fix this situation.

Filth thread is that-a-way, buddy.
(Oh, I’ve just wolfcastled myself.)

1 Like

It being #binweek, I feel obliged to remind everyone to keep AWAY from Mr T’s BINS

sidebar-menu-mr-t

Army green wheelie bins with:

Yellow lid for recycling
Grass green lid for food/garden waste (food is a recent addition)
Red for all other waste.

In a maverick move a bunch of people have a dark green lid for their other/normal waste instead of red. No idea why that is, I assume maybe that was the original colour before recycling came in and they never upgraded that bin.

1 Like

Yeah but also different times for different bins on different weeks. I assume the bin people just mix up their routes.

Invariably if I forget to put the bins out they roll on through at like 7am, otherwise can be as late as 2pm or something.

Our street has cars along either side parked at all times meaning it’s only wide enough for a single car going each way. Somehow the other day both the green waste and normal waste trucks came down our street going opposite ways and had managed to find a gap big enough to pass each other. I saw some guy waiting wearily in his car for them to get done so he could actually leave the street.

1 Like

the bin collectors refuse to come up the short but very steep road to my house, I think partly due to a historical dispute with the previous owners. The bins therefore live at the bottom of the road, which suits me fine as it means I never have to remember to take them out (Mondays here, alternating between rubbish and recycling).

that’s too many greens imo

1 Like