Birds (as in 🦅🐧🕊🦆🦢🦉🦩🦚🦜🐔 etc)

A northern flicker was outside my window this morning. Absolutely beautiful markings!

8 Likes

Shared my breakfast with this character yesterday

15 Likes

My first trip to Tennessee since I got into birdwatching did not disappoint. In the week I was there I definitely saw:

• Black vulture
  • Turkey vulture
  • Great Blue Heron
  • Great Egret
  • Red-tailed Hawk
  • American Robin
  • Blue Jay
  • American Crow
  • Eastern Bluebird
  • Baltimore Oriole
  • Northern Mockingbird
  • Northern Cardinal
  • Muscovy Duck
  • Wild Turkey

I also thought I spotted a Bald Eagle but it was out a car window and couldn’t quite be sure…

11 Likes

Got up this morning, opened the living room curtains ready to start work and there was a nuthatch on our front garden feeder.

Good start to the day.

8 Likes

Lots of pictures from today’s trip to Langdon Beck, which is one of the best places for Black Grouse in England.

Did a walk, was about 5 miles, didn’t see a single person. The last time i was here, about 2 years ago, i saw some black Grouse at the very edge of my telescope’s power. As in, identified but not good views. This time, i saw about 50 birds, they flew over my head, perched in trees and on walls, and generally were just ace to see. One of the pics is of a distant field with 15 male birds in, all having a show off.

Was genuinely amazing, loved getting out and seeing it, and was glorious to be out on my own in some stunning November weather. Apologies for the long post, was just fab and no IRL dudes give a shit about birds so it goes here!

7 Likes

Who wants to see some terrible zoomed photos of a kingfisher I followed along the river walking to work?

12 Likes

Went to Otmoor RSPB a few weeks ago, saw a marsh Harrier!

Very pleased with that :relaxed:

7 Likes

Couldn’t get any pics of a kingfisher for @AutumnBeech’s spring challenge. Got a good number in a week in November tho :joy::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Ditto

8 Likes

Lovely work from @boxtoboxelder in the World Cup thread

4 Likes

Thanks! I’d just emerged from three hours in storm water vault. I was so happy!

2 Likes

Not done loads of birding while I’ve been away, been too busy. Seen a few bits though. Highlights were a Brahiminy Kite, Ashy Drongo, Little Cormorant, and a shedload of whiskered tern.

Tree Sparrow, Zebra Dove and Spotted Dove (the bigger one)

4 Likes

Brown headed gulls, tonnes of them

1 Like

Not a bird, but a mudskipper! As they say in Fargo, kinda funny lookin’

4 Likes