Birds (as in 🦅🐧🕊🦆🦢🦉🦩🦚🦜🐔 etc)

Finally saw some Blackcaps this morning. Been hearing them for a few weeks but not seen one up close yet, so that’s cool.

4 Likes

Excellent bird.

1 Like

Went out for a walk in the lovely evening sun. Just up and back on my local patch.

1. Jackdaw
  2. Goldfinch
  3. Woodpidgeon
  4. Robin
  5. Chaffinch
  6. GSW
  7. Wren
  8. Blackbird
  9. Great Tit
  10. Chiffchaff
  11. HG
  12. Song Thrush
  13. Blue Tit
  14. Treecreeper
  15. Blackcap
  16. Nuthatch
  17. Moorhen
  18. Dunnock
  19. Kestrel
  20. Swift
  21. Stock Dove
  22. Feral Pigeon
  23. Pheasant
  24. Cetti’s Warbler
  25. LTT
  26. Crow
  27. Mallard
  28. Firecrest
  29. Garden Warbler
  30. Canada Goose
  31. Greylag Goose
  32. Magpie
  33. Mute Swan
  34. Kingfisher
  35. Cormorant
  36. Collared Dove
  37. Reed Bunting
  38. Grey Heron
  39. Coot
  40. Gadwall
  41. Barn Swallow
  42. House Sparrow
  43. Raven

Missed starling, greenfinch, mistle thrush, stonechat whitethroat, sedge and reed warblers and rook which I saw on wednesday. And buzzard, red kite and little egret which I see on the reg on there. Could’ve been a 50 plus evening, which would’ve been amazing.

And heard my first cuckoo of the year. Great evening.

7 Likes

What’s this little babe?

Didn’t even realise it was there in the grass - thought it was just a feather that the dog was having a good sniff of before I noticed it was an actual bird. Don’t know if it’s just a chick and/or injured but it scuttled of into the undergrowth when I put my hand near it.

Credit to the dog for not trying to eat it, I guess…

1 Like

Think it’s a baby great Tit from the colour of it.

Good work on the dog not eating it, hopefully it’ll get some energy and then get itself into a tree or a bush where it’s less exposed.

1 Like

It disappeared off into the long grass and brambles and whatnot, so hopefully it’ll be ok in there.

At me folks and they’ve got some mint garden birds. Have some shite pics:

Red kite:

Red legged Partridge

Rose ringed Parakeet

Great spotted Woodpecker

Goldfinch and wood pigeon

10 Likes

Had a great spotted woodpecker coming to the peanut feeder in our front garden this week. Mad because I’ve only ever seen them beyond the edge of our town, 1km away! Really need it to stick around long enough for me to get a photo.

2 Likes

Real friendly Dunnock at my parents last weekend

8 Likes

Had a good week doing some casual birding on the North Devon Coast. Got my first ever Fulmar the other evening. Couple of close in Gannet. Some real good house martin and swallow action over a stream that discharges into Croyde bay. Stonechat, linnet, skylark and goldfinch all around the back of dunes too. Mesmerising. Four different gull species. Goldcrest opposite the caravan. Swift over the caravan. Lots a chaffinches around which is nice to see.

Just missing some razorbill and guillemot.

1 Like