Birds

Not having this bullshit. Birds are amazing.

Dinosaurs: Extinct.
Birds: Still around. Because they are better.

Fucking amazing things they are, and they can fly too.

This is an illustrated thread about birds

7 Likes

Woah, can’t believe that title hasn’t been used already.

1 Like

KOOKABURRA: NEVER NOT HILARIOUS WHEN ONE STARTS GOING FOR IT. ONE OF THE BEST THINGS ABOUT LIVING IN AUSTRALIA.

1 Like

The shared garden here backs onto an old railway line that’s now a pathway and nature reserve, so there are loads of mature trees and wild growing stuff, and consequently quite a lot of great birds. Think these lads are my favourite:

Look at that colour scheme!

13 Likes

That is one fashionable af bird

Also love the way it’s chest is so puffed out and proud, with a badass facial expression.

This thread is off to a flying start!

3 Likes

Birds are good but seagulls can do one (into the sea preferably)

My garden gets really stupid pigeons and not a lot else, quite like them.

1 Like

Just winds me up how everyone always goes on about them as if they’re all different and unique and interesting. They are all either “Parrot” (eg colourful) or “Sparrow” (eg brown) and that’s it.

2 Likes

I would say roughly once a fortnight I look into the sky and see a bird and it makes me think “damn i wish i could fly”

2 Likes

Pigeons are the most underrated of the birds.

I recommend this for anyone who disagrees

2 Likes
  • They are all either “Parrot” (eg colourful) or “Sparrow” (eg brown) and that’s it.
  • Antpocalypsenow is incorrect

0 voters

can never quite decide if this is a lovely thought or quite depressing given my earth-bound status, but that’s on me and no slight against those majestic sky lords

1 Like

Alright Orville

Birds scare the living piss out of me, but I have to admit they are quite impressive.

But they’re not extinct. They’re just hiding. As birds.

1 Like

They’re the coolest of the animal kingdom (was gonna use badboys here, but didn’t want to use badboys, anyone got any better suggestion for a replacement word?)

THE AIRPUNKS

naughtydudes

Something without the “dudes”?

Big fan of the old (feathered) birds here. Card carrying RSPB member, and our wedding cake was two kingfishers on a branch.

Had a nice holiday in Malaga one year and on the way out of the castle we heard a hoopoe and had a very fun afternoon just following it around the castle grounds.

Don’t get out birdwatching much any more as it’s not really got much appeal for the young kids, but I’m looking forward to getting back into it when they are older.

Strong bird stamp game from the lads at the Magyar Posta here:

2 Likes

Airpunks.

1 Like