Biscuits

Really underrated. The youth of today think they’re too hip for a garibaldi or a custard cream, but it’s their loss. Plain digestives can go away, obviously (unless they’ve got a slice of cheese on) but all the rest have their merits. Big biscuit fan.

10 Likes

Extremely overrated foodstuff. Generally incredibly boring. How do you make butter, sugar, flour and eggs - all the best foods - so boring?

Only useful as a vessel for truly delicious things like chocolate and jam and raisins.

3 Likes

They’re alright, nowhere near worth it for how healthy they are

1 Like

Shop biscuits are one of the few things Brits do well. Old school bourbons, custard cremes, choc digestives. A sort of easily forgotten little pleasure.

Also shortbread is the stuff of gods but not sure if that counts.

2 Likes

Dont really see many of them jars around which make noises when you open them and is usually a Scooby Doo model or something

Best digestives:

• Plain
  • Milk choc
  • Dark choc
  • Caramel
  • Other

0 voters

me:

7 Likes

Cheese on Digestives? Hadn’t heard of that before.

I like plain Digestives. They crumble in the mouth well with a cup of tea as well as a good dunk-able biscuit.

The Ginger Nut is an underrated biscuit. Can’t have one without a tea but is very good dunked and adds a very slight ginger taste to the tea.

2 Likes

You always get them in a cracker selection box. Not unpleasant but not as good as the other crackers on offer.

2 Likes

The daddy of them all.

12 Likes

Love 'em. Sometimes the plainer the better.

My regular go to on a night is 2 Rich Tea biscuits with a cuppa. Only 38 Calories per biscuit, perfect. Love how stodgy plain digestives are but Chocolate digestives are a clear winner.

Cheap custard creams, bourbons, malted milk are all great. I do love those creamy Fox crunch ones and oreos and the like but they are just a bit too much when you want to demolish a packet.

I probably prefer cheaper biscuits to the fancy ones a lot of the time.

1 Like

Hobnobs

2 Likes

Supermarket brand choc digestives are far superior to McVities and about half the price.

had to send these to some disers as I was so distressed that they hadn’t experienced their pure taste joy before

1 Like

M&S do some great biscuits. Those dutch shortbread ones with half dipped in chocolate, lovely stuff. I like Viennese Whirls or anything viennese too, melt in the mouth

3 Likes

Viennese Whirl:

• Biscuit
  • Cake
  • Some kind of glorious hybrid

0 voters

Was @Gnometorious one? I remember talking about these and being shocked that they don’t seem to be widely available across the UK.

2 Likes

friend brought a pack of these round, been loving them with my morning coffee for the last week or so (yes I make packs of biscuits last a while too, what of it fuckers)

also biscoff gets so overused as a flavour that I’d almost forgotten it exists in actual real biscuit form

11 Likes

indeed, the queen of biscuits

2 Likes

My personal highlight of lockdown 1 was when the cafe at my old work had to close and all the perishable stock went up for grabs and I took 600 of these lads home with me for free.

2 Likes